MAP26: Geist Halls (Community Chest 2)
|Community Chest 2 maps 21-30|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
In the cargo bay where you start, head to the northeast corner, climbing up the stairs to the balcony where the chaingunners saw you. There are two doors here with switches, the first one you come across has merely a light switch. The second door has two switches to get out of here. One raises the lift and the other opens the door. Head right at the fork, down the hallway, and left at the intersection. You will be faced on the left-hand side by chaingunners and revenants. Continue down this hall till you reach an industrial control center. Go right here, through the hallways and down the first lift via switch. Climb on the pipes as you wait for the lift to move you to the blue keycard. When you get it, go back to where you entered this place, finding the blue door and pressing the switch beyond it. Then, head all the way down the hallway taking the lift upward (there is a locked supply center to the right of the lift requiring the blue key). Immediately turn left and through the newly open area. Go right and hit the switch then go through the new passage into the cargo room. The lift at the cargo bay's entrance houses the next switch to press, revealing a baron of Hell on it. Do not be too slow to reach it, as it will rise up eventually. In this open field, find the lift to the left and use it to get the yellow keycard (do not forget the switch on the wall which lowers the lift where you entered this field) then backtrack to the industrial assembly line where the blue key was. The yellow door is on the south side of this area. Go take the right door into a rather cramped zone. To get the red keycard, take the lift directly to your left up and go through two doors. Take the door to your right to nab the keycard, then exit the way you came in. Enter the red door, take the lift up, and press both switches to exit. In the final cargo bay, there is a cyberdemon. Whether you choose to fight him or run is entirely up to you.
Other points of interest
- Near the southwest side of the room you start in is a computer console. Use it, and a crate stack will lower in the southeast to reveal an opening. After raising the lift, take it up, and then jump to the opening to find a stairway leading down to two bulk cells and a plasma rifle. (sector 105)
- In the room with the blue sofa, press on the screen in front of the sofa, and it will lower into the floor. After that, open the differently textured wall to the east, and flip the switch to lower yourself into a room with three barrels, a switch, and a door. (sector 211) The switch will lower the floor like an elevator, which does not seem to serve any purpose. Open the northern door to find a room containing a first aid cabinet with five health bonuses in it, a box of ammo, a blur artifact on top of a toxic vat, and a switch. If you fall into the northwest corner of the room, press on the northernmost side of the staircase and a teleporter will open, allowing you to free yourself.
- Press the switch north of secret #2, return to the intersection, and head into the northeast room to find a switch has appeared. Press it to be lowered to a passage (sector 152) leading to five clips, four sets of shells, a rocket, a cell, a super shotgun, and two chainguns. Open the southeast door to find twelve stimpacks; enter the southwest door to discover a shotgun; and enter the western door to get two backpacks.
- In the room northeast of where you find the blue keycard, part of the western wall fades from green to white. Push the whitest portion of the wall to find a passage (sector 675) leading to a box of rockets and a computer map.
- In the computer room north of where you obtain the red keycard, there is a switch. Press it, and go to the southeast hall to find a newly-opened compartment containing a plasma rifle. (sector 492)
- In the room southwest of where you find the red keycard, you can find a lift taking you down to a short sewage tunnel. At the end of the tunnel is a control room; hit the two switches at the north, and two Commander Keens will be killed off-screen. Once this happens, a switch will be revealed in the southeast; press it to open another room in the southwest containing two boxes of rockets and a switch. Press the switch, and return to the sewage tunnel to find that the sewage has been drained. Jump down, enter the southern tunnel, and look to the west to find that a portion of the wall is green instead of brown. Open it to find a stone passageway (sector 517) leading to a library. At the end of the library is a megasphere.
- In the room accessed by the red keycard, part of the northern wall bears a hazard stripe and exposed circuitry. Push it, and it will lower to reveal an invulnerability. (sector 594)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||03:23||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2009-06-14||c226-323.zip|
|NM speed||03:10||Steponas Andriuskevicius||2014-01-09||c226n310.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.