MAP26: Proving Grounds (Strife)
|Strife levels (26-29)|
Loremaster and Entity
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Deathmatch
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
This level includes many high ledges and long drops, so to avoid taking significant falling damage you should use lifts and staircases whenever possible. The number of enemies in this level increases significantly on Veteran skill level or higher, mainly ceiling turrets and sentinels, so be aware of your surroundings as you can be shot by enemies far above or below.
Approach the door in front of you which will automatically open to reveal a room with two lifts. Take the left-hand lift down to ground level and turn left to destroy a reaver which tries to ambush you. Go west to another lift and ride it up to the top level to reach a barred area; step off the lift and the bars will automatically open. Watch out for two turrets here on Veteran or higher, then open the door to find a room with a varying number of acolytes and crusaders. Drop into the water in this room and turn the switch on the north wall, which will open a metal barrier ahead.
Use the lift to climb out of the water and head through the north door, watching out for the stalker and templar behind it, plus another turret on Veteran or higher. Go down either staircase to go back outside, then turn left and go down the lift to a lower floor. Turn right and drop off the ledge, then look at the door in front of you. Look right to see another lift to the east of this door; step on it to be taken to a higher ledge with two more turrets on Veteran or higher. Go through the tan door in front of you and throw the switch on the wall next to the door. This will reveal a teleporter elsewhere in the level.
Go back through the tan door and use the lift to return to ground level. Head north until you are able to turn left, then immediately turn left again to find a small staircase - go up it and follow the passage, destroying a turret on the way, and step into the teleporter at the end. You will appear on a ledge north of the starting area - turn round and drop off the ledge, then turn left to find another lift ahead. Ride it up and then turn right to find the teleporter you revealed earlier. Step into it to enter a small room - throw the switch on your left, then step into the teleporter ahead to return to your previous position.
Throwing the switch has lowered the bars here, allowing you to enter the north-eastern area of the level. Be careful as an inquisitor guards the building ahead on Veteran or higher and may have gotten outside. Carefully step on the hazard markings to raise the lift, then step on it and let it take you down to ground level. Turn left and head north until you reach an area with three teleport pads - step into the west pad and you will enter a tiny room with a switch. Throw the switch and step back into the teleporter, which will put you inside a large building near the three teleporters you encountered earlier. The aforementioned inquisitor will be here if it has not gotten outside, so be ready to defend yourself. Leave the room you are in and turn right to enter a large hallway with round pillars; turn right again and head forward until you see an opening in the wall on your right. Drop off the ledge and head straight forward down a staircase and through a door.
You will be outside again. Turn right to get back to the three teleporters, and step on the middle pad this time to get to another tiny room with a switch - throw it then step back in the teleporter to return to the building you were in earlier. Head forward and turn left to go back into the large hallway, then head forward to the wall opening and turn left to drop off the left. You will now see a teleporter in front of you; throwing the switches in the tiny rooms has opened the bars blocking it. Step into this teleporter and (on Veteran or higher) be ready to defend yourself against a templar, acolyte and turret which surround you. Step forward to drop down to a lower room, slay the templar blocking your path on Veteran or higher, then go through the door ahead to reach the laboratory.
Other points of interest
The interior of the western building's top floor holds numerous items, including ammunition for all weapons and healing supplies.
There are no official secrets in this level.
- The western zone of the map has a building that stands in the middle of an outdoor area. The structure's south-east corner has a lift. Travel up and enter the little door to find a computer room. Press the switch there, and you will open a teleporter on the bottom floor of the same building. Make your way there. Enter the teleporter, and you will arrive on the top of a pillar near the north-west corner of the outdoor area. The wall in the east is translucent and passable, so run over the gap and go through the wall. You will enter a little room that contains health and ammunition supplies and the last mauler of the game.
- In the eastern section of the level, there are three teleporters in a row and a door that is protected by the easternmost teleporter pad. When you enter the teleporter in the middle and press the switch in the new room, you will uncover a door in the southern yard of the level. The door is located near the yard's northeast corner, next to the staircases that lead to the final area in the north. Open the door and enter the teleporter. Press the switch in the new area and continue by another teleporter. Finally, you will end up on the easternmost teleporter pad of the aforementioned row and are now able to enter the door. The storeroom beyond it contains 100 gold coins and health and ammunition items.
Areas / screenshots
This level contains thirty-seven spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing south. (thing 5)
- facing south. (thing 6)
- facing south. (thing 7)
- facing north. (thing 8)
- facing north. (thing 9)
- facing north-east. (thing 10)
- facing south. (thing 11)
- facing south-west. (thing 12)
- facing south. (thing 148)
- facing west. (thing 149)
- facing east. (thing 150)
- facing west. (thing 151)
- facing west. (thing 152)
- facing east. (thing 153)
- facing south-west. (thing 154)
- facing south-west. (thing 155)
- facing north. (thing 156)
- facing south. (thing 157)
- facing east. (thing 158)
- facing south-west. (thing 159)
- facing south-west. (thing 160)
- facing east. (thing 161)
- facing south. (thing 162)
- facing south. (thing 163)
- facing south-west. (thing 164)
- facing south-east. (thing 165)
- facing north-east. (thing 166)
- facing south-east. (thing 167)
- facing north-west. (thing 168)
- facing west. (thing 169)
- facing north-east. (thing 170)
- facing north-east. (thing 171)
- facing north-east. (thing 172)
- facing north-west. (thing 173)
- facing north-west. (thing 174)
- facing west. (thing 176)