MAP26: Service Tunnels (Vile Flesh)
|Vile Flesh maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP26. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP26.
MAP26: Service Tunnels is the twenty-sixth map of Vile Flesh. It was designed by Gwyn Williams, who also composed the level's untitled music track, which is also used in MAP16: Cathedral.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- After you get the yellow key, open the door at the end of the north passageway east of where the red key is. Face southeast, and you may notice a slight misalignment in the wall, which actually conceals a teleporter. You will have to make a jump from the platform through this fake wall, which will be tough to do. When you make it, you will be on a platform in the middle with shotgun shells, a box of shotgun shells, and a shotgun. (sector 406)
- After you get the red key, return to the fork at the start of the map and take the red door. Go towards the small door here and press on the wall to the left of it for a passage leading to imps and a light amplification visor. (sector 450)
- The southernmost room in the map has a soul sphere behind a cage and a candle in front of it. To get the soul sphere, look towards the two doors and go to the left side of the left door. Press on the metal wall here, which will make a sound occur. Walk towards the cage to hear a door open. Now take either of the two doors going north, but turn around on the other side to find a switch. Flipping it lowers the bars to the cage briefly, so run back in and grab the soul sphere. (sector 850)
- At the long stretch in the southeast portion of the map, follow the west path going south. Just before the final lift, the fence here can actually be walked through. Time a jump so you go through the fence and into the nukage, then get the berserk pack on the platform. (sector 1105)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 4, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 771)
- facing south-west. (thing 774)
- facing south. (thing 781)
- facing north. (thing 785)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: