MAP27: Afterlife (Community Chest)
|Community Chest maps 21-30|
MAP27: Afterlife is the twenty-seventh map of Community Chest. It was designed by Sphagne, and was originally released standalone. It is the author's fourteenth level. It uses the music track "Sign of Evil" from Doom.
In the standalone version's storyline, the Doomguy is killed during an unspecified mission. After he is buried, he ends up in Hell Port 666, from which the damned are sent to the islands of Hell. His goal is to find his way to Heaven.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- In the eastern city, between the southern hallways inside of the central building, enter the western hall, and then jump to the southern pillar. Jump to the northern pillar, and then the northwest hallway. At the end of the hall is a suit of combat armor on a floor light. Step onto the light to trigger this secret. (sector 107)
- Enter the southeast hall in the same building, and repeat the process described for secret #1 to reach the northeast hallway. At the end of the hall is a soul sphere on a floor light; step onto it to obtain the secret. (sector 108)
- After entering the tunnel southwest of the city, you will find four alcoves. The rear wall of the southwest alcove is covered in grime. Open it to find two boxes of ammo and a backpack. (sector 136)
- After going through either of the red doors at the north of the map, approach the western door, and the pillar will lower behind you, holding a box of shells, a box of rockets, a shotgun, and a blur artifact. When this happens, take the eastern lift, and head east to find that a teleporter has lowered. Enter it to be warped to a hidden room containing a computer map. This actually consists of two sectors marked as secret, including the teleporter you land on. (sector 246) Step back onto the teleporter to return, or enter the northern passageway to exit into the central building of the city.
- See secret #4. (sector 247)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||27:43||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-05-28||cc27-2743.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.