MAP27: Alter of the Tech Base Castle of the Apocalypse (32 in 24)
|32 in 24 maps 21-32|
MAP27: Alter of the Tech Base Castle of the Apocalypse is the twenty-seventh map of 32 in 24, a deathmatch megawad. It was designed by Andrew Wood (Catoptromancy) and uses the music track "".
It was the thirtieth map to be submitted, arriving 43 minutes before the 24-hour mark.
This is a very small map, occupying an area of just 1808x1128 map units. It features a predominantly wooden theme, with a small grass pit at the centre of the map, which contains no items.
The western end of the map is accessed from some steps in the north-west corner. A rocket launcher can be found here, and if the player moves around to the southern wall of the map from here, they will find a shotgun next to a slightly obscure door (two vertical wooden panels) which opens to reveal a small room containing the BFG9000. The other side of this room is also a door, and a chaingun replaces the shotgun on this side. Whilst the west end of the map holds the rocket launcher, the east end holds some ammo for it - four loose rockets. Of course, since the BFG room is two-way, players can cross it from the east as an alternative route to the rocket launcher room.
The exit door along the northern wall opens to reveal a tiny room with a medikit, a stimpack, and a chainsaw.
This level contains eleven spawn points, all of which are placed on top of a super shotgun.
- North-east corner of the map, against the east wall, facing south-west. (thing 7)
- Immediately south-west of the grass pit, facing north-east. (thing 10)
- Just to the north of the rocket launcher, facing south-east. Spawn #4 is opposite and at an equal distance from the weapon. (thing 12)
- Just to the south of the rocket launcher, facing north-east. Spawn #3 is opposite and at an equal distance from the weapon. This spawn is also the closest to the BFG. (thing 13)
- North-west corner of the map, by the steps leading in to the rocket launcher room, facing south-east. (thing 14)
- At the east end of the map, in the south-east corner of the room, facing north-west. (thing 16)
- South-east corner of the grass pit, facing north-west. (thing 17)
- North-west of the grass pit, facing south. Spawn #10 is opposite and at an equal distance from the exit room with the chainsaw. (thing 18)
- Just inside the north entrance to the eastern room, facing south-west. Spawn #10 is very close by, at just 160 units. (thing 19)
- Just outside the north entrance to the eastern room, facing south-west. Spawn #9 is right behind this spawn. (thing 31)
- Near the grass pit, just south of spawn #8, facing north-west. (thing 36)
Areas / screenshots
|Box of shotgun shells||1|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|