MAP27: Anti-Christ (The Plutonia Experiment)
|Plutonia maps 21-30|
MAP27: Anti-Christ is the twenty-seventh map of The Plutonia Experiment. It was designed by Milo Casali and uses the music track "I Sawed The Demons" from Doom. In some ways this level is a "spiritual sequel" to several of Doom II's later levels that involve large subterranean areas where most of the action takes place on narrow ledges and pillars high above damaging floors.
Right from the beginning, you will be set upon by chaingunners from your left and right, and some revenants will take pot-shots at you from ledges behind you. Quickly kill the chaingunners and head down the steps to the platform with the soulsphere. As you move towards the soulsphere, alcoves in the east, west and south of the room will open up. You will have to fight three pain elementals that emerge from the alcoves. On Ultra-Violence and above, three Hell knights will also teleport onto the platform. Use your best weapons to navigate this dangerous encounter.
Once the monsters are dead, run into the eastern alcove and follow the path down. Run into the teleporter ahead. You will now be in a caged niche overlooking the start point. Flip the skull switch ahead, and try to snipe any arachnotron you see in a cage near the start point. Step back into the teleporter, which will teleport you back to the start point. Immediately turn around, and deal with the other arachnotron you could not see from the previous niche. Once this is done. Head back down the steps to where the soulsphere was, but run into the southern alcove.
You should now be in an oval room with a green recessed panel ahead (and on Ultra-Violence and above, three chaingunners). Face east and head along the walkway over blood, but as soon as you step on the walkway, look up and to your left - a trap has opened with three (Hurt me plenty and below) or five (Ultra-Violence and above) chaingunners. Kill them and continue forward to the yellow key, disposing of a mancubus (on Hurt me plenty and above) and an arachnotron along the way.
Once you pick up the yellow key, immediately turn around - a trap will open with one (Hurt me plenty and below) or two (Ultra-Violence and above) chaingunners, and two cacodemons and one pain elemental (Hurt me plenty and above) will rise out of the "lava falls". Kill them and backtrack to the oval room.
Head to the niche in the west of the room and lower its back wall. It is a teleporter. Go through it.
Once again, as you finish teleporting, you are assaulted from all directions. There are two chaingunners ahead of you, a mancubus behind you, and on Ultra-Violence and above, an extra chaingunner behind you and a revenant and mancubus in the distance. On Hurt me plenty and above, the chaingunner in the cage ahead respawns (courtesy of a hidden arch-vile). Kill them all and head onto the catwalk heading north.
As soon as you pass the first brown step, the wall on the left will open, revealing four (Hurt me plenty and below) or six (Ultra-Violence and above) chaingunners. Kill them and continue forward. Open the yellow door and proceed through. As you pass the second step, a teleport trap will trigger, sending five Hell knights (Hey, not too rough and below) or five Hell knights and four revenants (Hurt me plenty and above) into the room, including one positioned to block the door. Kill them and continue up the steps. Run through a niche into a teleporter.
You will now be in the line of fire of a spiderdemon (and on Hurt me plenty and above, two arachnotrons). Immediately turn right (east) and run to another platform with a teleporter. Flip the switch ahead, then go through it to be teleported to another room. Use the northernmost window to take out one (Hey, not too rough and below) or two revenants (Hurt me plenty and above), as well as any arachnotron in sight. Once ready, go through the teleporter and prepare for a tough fight.
You are now on a platform with the blue key in front of you. However, as soon as you pick it up, a teleport trap is set off and a window to your left opens with monsters:
- On Hey, not too rough and below: The window has four chaingunners. Two Hell knights teleport in behind you. One revenant teleports in front of you.
- On Hurt me plenty: The window has four chaingunners. Four Hell knights teleport in behind you. Three revenants teleport in front of you.
- On Ultra-Violence and above: The window has four chaingunners and a mancubus. Four Hell knights teleport in behind you. Three revenants teleport in front of you.
Use the BFG9000 (if available) to nuke down the monsters. Once they are done for, step back into the teleporter.
You are back on the ledge facing the respawning chaingunner. Head back on the catwalk heading north, and notice a new path has opened at the bend. Go though it and eliminate the pain elementals and barons of Hell in there.
Just after the curved, narrow ledge ahead is the previously mentioned spiderdemon. Dispose of it, then get onto her platform. Flip the blue switch to lower some bars, then run to the exit teleporter.
- At the very start of the level, turn due east and walk off the platform you stand on. You should land on a lower platform with some goodies on it. The teleporter takes you back to the start point. (sector 47)
- At the southwest corner of the map is a round, gray-floored room with a green window. There is an alcove with a backpack in it to the west; pick up the backpack and a teleporter will lower. On the other side of the teleporter, turn around and you will see a brown platform with a combat armor above it. Run onto the platform and ride the lift up to the armor on a higher ledge. (sector 73)
- Once on the ledge the armor was on in secret #2, follow the ledge around to a part of the brown stone wall that is crumbling. Open it and gently drop down onto another ledge. (sector 59) From here you can run south to get a soul sphere.
- In the southeast of the yellow skull key is an opening in the wall. There is a radiation shielding suit (and on medium and hard skills a mancubus) inside. Open the cracked wall next to the suit to find a hidden alcove, containing a berserk pack and a teleporter that ports you to an invulnerability sphere.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:48||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2003-01-16||pl27-048.zip|
|NM speed||00:50||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2002-04-30||pn27-050.zip|
|UV max||02:36||Henning Skogstø||1998-12-09||pl27-236.zip|
|NM100S||00:54||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2002-04-30||ps27-054.zip|
|UV -fast||03:05||Eugene Kapustin||2006-01-12||pf27-305.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:48||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2003-01-16||pl27-048.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on February 11, 2013.