MAP27: Beta Three (NOVA III)
|NOVA III maps|
Lunar base maps
This level occupies the map slot MAP27. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP27.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP27: Beta Three is the twenty-seventh map of NOVA III. It was designed by Daniel Trim (dt_) and uses the music track "Waltz of the Demons," originally composed by Robert Prince for Doom.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the large valley on the way to the red key, go to the west side and climb the rocks, then jump to the fence. Jump back west to the rocks and maneuver your way east. If you look inside the cave, you will spot a soul sphere and a backpack. To get both of them, get to the nearest high rock and jump to the metal ledge below, then head east and you can reach the cave they are in. (sector 760)
- At the southeast part of the map is a walkway with crates. Midway through the area, look south and flip the switch to lower a crate concealing a berserk pack and an invulnerability. (sector 1185)
- After opening the three-key bars, head all the way west and use the switch, then the next switch ahead of you. Now go to the southeast corner and you will find red and green terminals. On the green terminal, look for a section that is red and use it to open the red terminal, where you can get health bonuses and a megaarmor. (sector 1556)
- At the east end of the map with the square-shaped hall, make your way to the east side with two side areas. At the northern one, there is a hidden switch on the south edge. Use it to reveal a lift leading to a megaarmor. (sector 2004)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: