MAP27: Flompster Condo (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 21-30|
|All Hope for Terror|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Climb the steps to a chainsaw and armor then turn left and head straight forward until you pass through a tall doorway - there are imps on a ledge ahead, and more imps (plus one or two revenants on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher) will appear in the sludge trench ahead of you. Turn right and step on to a gray stone floor then turn right again and climb the steps in front of you to reach a doorway with vertical stripes on either side. Turn left and follow the ledge past some bookcases until you reach some more steps, climb them and kill the pain elemental that appears in front of you (plus a cacodemon on HMP or higher) then look north to see the red skull key ahead and run across the pillars to collect it.
After landing on the platform with the red key, drop to the ground and retrace your steps back to the area with the gray stone floor; this time, head west into a room with a snail picture on the floor. Deal with the cacodemon and shotgun guy on your right (plus spectres on HMP or higher) then press the lion switch they were guarding to reveal a second button behind you; kill a pain elemental that teleports in nearby then press the second button to reveal a white teleporter which will send you to a room with a tortoise on the ground. Kill the arachnotron and revenant in front of you on HMP (plus two spectres on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels) then head south-east to drop into a sludge trench. Follow the trench past the exit door and some shotgun guys then climb the steps at the end, kill several imps and look north to see a lion switch underneath three blue cables. Press the switch then head south-west to return to the snail room - a pillar holding the blue skull key has lowered, but you will need to deal with some chaingunners and cacodemons/pain elementals that are guarding it.
Go back to the starting room to find that the west wall has lowered to reveal (depending on skill level) chaingunners, spectres, an arachnotron and a revenant; step over this wall and look north to see a lift that will take you up to a door requiring the blue key. Open the door, kill the arachnotron in front of you on HMP then climb the steps and follow the passage east - you will be confronted by zombies and imps, as well as more arachnotrons on HMP or lower. Turn right when you reach the end of the passage to see a plasma gun on a patch of lava - approaching it will open a wall on your left to reveal revenants and mancubi, as well as two pain elementals on HMP and cacodemons on UV and NM (an arch-vile will also teleport in on HMP or higher). Once all the monsters are killed, go back to where you found the plasma gun and climb on to a white rock behind it - from here you can run east to land on another white rock to reach the yellow skull key.
Drop to the ground and head south to drop into the sludge trench again, then open the exit door on your right and climb the steps behind it up to a switch. Kill the monsters below then press the switch to lower the south-east pillar in the starting room which holds a partial invisibility, then run off the ledge to land on the pillar which will cause it to rise again. From this point you can straferun west to reach a switch that has appeared on the south-west pillar; alternatively, you can reach the pillar by retracing the route you took to find the red key. Press the switch to lower a gray column to the west, revealing the exit teleporter as well as an arch-vile on UV and NM.
Other points of interest
A super shotgun can be found in the middle of the starting room on HMP or lower. On UV and NM the weapon is instead found on top of the west wall, underneath an arch-vile.
By the yellow skull key is an alcove containing a shotgun guy. Press the back wall of this alcove to open it and enter a narrow passage, then turn left and flip the switch at the end of the passage. This will lower a lift which you can ride up to a light amplification visor.
- Head directly south from the starting point, out of the initial area, then west onto the gray stone floor. There are some armor bonuses to the north. Just before them, use the wall to the west to reveal a switch. Use it, then head south a bit and west to the door, which had bars that opened after you used the switch. In the area behind the door, jump to the brown rocks on the opposite side, then you will be able to get the supercharge and backpack to the east. If you fall, you can still reach this secret, but you will have to climb more rocks and use a lift to get back up. (sector 173)
- In the room with the tortoise on the ground, get on the coffee table to the south and onto the wall with the red, green, and blue waterfall. From here you will want to hug and jump to the west wall, which can take several tries. When you are on the west wall, move north to get the backpacks. (sector 223) It is also possible to reach this secret by straferunning east from the platform that held the red key.
- In the room at the south end (with a mouse on the floor), look at the bookshelf and notice the red button. Use it, then quickly enter the teleporter nearby to reach a room with a computer area map. Drop into the hole to the north-east, pressing use as you do, then quickly running north to the next switch, which will trigger the next lift leading up. At the top, drop onto the gray crate, then go to the east to get an invulnerability. (sector 304)
- At the north hall, there are several switches on the north wall. In order to open up the north-west and north-east corners, you need to press the switches in a certain order. Press the second switch from the right, then the switch to the right of that, then the switch that is second from the left. If you did it right, the corners will be open. Enter either of these corners and a switch will rise up. Use it, then go to the north-east end and the cage that had the megasphere will be open, allowing you to get the powerup inside. (sector 344)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 365)
- facing west. (thing 366)
- facing south. (thing 367)
- facing north. (thing 368)