MAP27: The Bloodwash (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP27. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP27.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the northeast corner of the map, drop down the pit, kill the shotgun zombies and step on the small elevator behind you: when you do, a wall section will open to reveal a megasphere. Jump back onto the upper floor and go into the teleporter in the west corner to collect it. (sector 129)
- In the large blood pool to the west, you'll find a wooden partition to the north. Check behind it to the right to find an alcove with a computer area map. (sector 55)
- Ignore the exit and drop into the pit behind it, and go around the corner to the west. A hidden teleporter at the end will take you to a room with demons and a blur sphere. (sector 29) You will also find an elevator to the bridge over the lava pool with the soul sphere.
- After taking the teleporter at the end of the bridge near #3, go back to the east end of the map and you'll see the rock between the two torches opened to reveal a pit. (sector 75) Drop down to find a group of arachnotrons, a spider mastermind, an invulnerability sphere, two rocket boxes, a box of shotgun shells and a BFG9000.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 269)
- facing south. (thing 270)
- facing north-west. (thing 274)
- facing west. (thing 275)
- facing east. (thing 277)
- facing east. (thing 278)