MAP28: Astral Plane (Estranged)
|Estranged maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP28. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP28.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the middle of the starting platform, go to the south side of the southeast marble structure and look north to find a switch. Shoot it, then go to the northwest marble structure. At the west side, you can find a soul sphere. (sector 206)
- Go to the tower east of the starting point, ride the lift to it, then take the steps to get an invulnerability. (sector 258)
- When you teleport to the second marble island at the west end of the map, head around the wall of skulls and press on the plain square to find a berserk pack. (sector 379)
- When you get to the north teleporter on the middle island, use the southwest wall with a candle in front of it to find a passage leading to a BFG9000. (sector 641)
- When you get to the north teleporter on the middle island, take it, then head into the lava and go towards the middle island from the northwest. Press on the wall with metal ridges. Take these two lifts up to reach the imp cage, and from there, inch along the south wall to get the megasphere. (sector 689)
- When you get to the north teleporter on the middle island, take it. When the floor lowers, look northeast and run in that direction. You will land on an island with partial invisibility and a teleporter back. (sector 707)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
Inspiration and development
- This map is one of several that used an MP3 music track in the beta release of Estranged, being swapped out for a MIDI rendition of the same track in the final version to avoid copyright infringement. Due to no MIDI rendition of "Narwhal" existing at the time, one was created especially for use in Estranged.