MAP28: Crucifix Held Close (Community Chest 4)
|Community Chest 4 maps 21-30|
MAP28: Crucifix Held Close is the twenty-eighth level of Community Chest 4. It was designed by William Huber and named after the song "Crucifix Held Close" from Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, of which it uses a MIDI sequenced by Jayster.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- On the western side of the main fortress, drop into the lava and head through the lavafall you see to the southwest. You will go through it, and on the other side is a teleporter. Enter it and then obtain a soul sphere on the other side. (sector 679)
- When you get the yellow key, a closet with Hell knights opens behind you. Inside it, open the wall with a candle in front of it to get a backpack. (sector 845)
- On the right side of the main fortress, look on the fortress wall past the gray faceted wall. There are some extra ridges on one of the walls. Open this wall for health bonuses and a megaarmor. (sector 164)
- Head into the eastern fortress and traverse westward until you find a bridge over a lava river. Cross to the rocky path, and you will eventually reach the backside of the main fortress. From here, jump to the platform where the imps were to find a soul sphere behind a column and a teleporter back. (sector 288)
- Head for the eastern part of the eastern fortress just before the big crossing blocks. In the sector with the red satyr blocks, one of them has a candle in front of it. Press it, and then backtrack to the hallway with the door leading to the bridge that leads to Secret #4. Shoot the red logo to the left of the door to open the wall to the left, where a baron of Hell, an arch-vile, and a BFG9000 are. (sector 1910)
- Just before the final room, you will open up walls with monsters via a switch. This switch has a red lion emblem on its backside, which opens up a room to the west. You can drop down to get medikits, a backpack, and a megaarmor here. (sector 2033)
- If the player enters the teleporter behind the lava fall near the start from the south, an all-black compartment with an evil eye will open in the soulsphere secret in the southeast corner of the map. Entering that compartment will take the player to a small Easter egg area marked "?!?" (not shown on the map to the right) containing some health and ammo.
Areas / screenshots
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 23, 2018.
Inspiration and development
Apart from the author's signature, the automap of this level also displays the words "RIP ESPI".