MAP28: Federation Systems Control (Daedalus: Alien Defense)
|Out of the trashcan and into the fire|
|Gentlebeings, start your engines|
|Driving Miss Deadly|
Wo ist der U-bahn, bitte?
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- Open the door northeast of the start and use the northwest terminal to open the compartment behind it with a super shotgun. (sector 812)
- Head to the southwest hall and head east and north to a terminal (east). Use it to open the door behind you (west) with a shotgun, boxes of ammo, green armor, and stimpacks behind it. (sector 659)
- Continue moving through the southeastern hall all the way to the eastern end. Use another terminal here (the one that is across the door, the most eastern one) to open the east wall with green armor and boxes of ammo in it. (sector 649)
- From the last secret, go west and then turn south. Keep walking until you reach two western terminals next to each other. Use one of these to open the walls between them for a chaingun and boxes of ammo. (sector 644)
- In the eastern room (which is filled with terminals) enter the middle section (the one where you will learn the access code needed for the launch site) and use the terminal on the east side. Get out of there and enter the eastern wall. You will find a rocket launcher, a box of rockets, and boxes of shotgun shells. (sector 653)
- At the west area, head to the northeast side with two terminals. Use the north one to open a rocket launcher behind the terminal. (sector 636)
- Now, use the eastern terminal to open a blur artifact behind it. (sector 639)
- In the same area as two previous secrets, head to the main stand and use the terminal there to open the west wall with green armor, a soul sphere, a box of shotgun shells, a box of rockets, and boxes of ammo. (sector 664)
- This secret will become available after acquiring the access code to the secret storage area from language labs and classrooms and it can't be avoided if you want to visit dimensional shift. Come back to where Secrets #6 and #7 are. Open the west door and use the terminal behind it to input the access code. It will open the north door in the small. Stand on a pedestal with green armor and a soul sphere on it to open the wall for this secret. (sector 837)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 4, 2022.
Inspiration and development
On first entering the level (and the hub), if you activate the console next to the teleporter pod, it doesn't work, displaying the message "Teleporter offline. Transmatter grid out of synchronization." In early beta versions, the second sentence was a placeholder phrase: "The flabberstan has become demaxtorized", as was the reference to said device in MAP29.
In early beta versions, activating the desynchronized/demaxtorized teleporter before it had been fixed would transport you to the secret level MAP30: Dimensional Shift, and cause you to take damage on entry, but at some point before the final release, this was discarded in favour of a more conventional secret exit.