MAP28: Hotash Slay (NDCP)
|NDCP maps 21-30|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Given the nonlinear nature of this level, you can go just about anywhere. Just be sure you are prepared to fight anything both inside and outside of the buildings:
- The platform in front of you at the start has a shotgun.
- The building just east of it has a chaingun, but you will be trapped for thirty seconds if you grab it.
- The building to the west of it has marginal supplies and a chainsaw.
- The central building has two entrances. The one you can access immediately allows you to access a super shotgun, and a switch opening another room with several supplies. The other entrance is on the east side at ground floor, and it requires the yellow key. Inside, if you go up the stairs, you can find a plasma gun and some ammo. Otherwise, the teleporter behind the wall with the dead man hanging on it leads you to a secret.
- You can grab the yellow key in the building west of the central building. Go through the rooms, grabbing a rocket launcher on the way. A cyberdemon guards the key, so if you have trouble getting by him, find the secret in this building and grab an invulnerability.
- The northwestern building has an entrance to the west. You can find a few supplies inside. In the water north of it you can find a teleporter leading to a ledge on the northern building. Here you can get a secret if you go west, or if you jump north, you can obtain the red key from the northernmost building.
- To enter the easternmost building, go behind it and find a switch behind some vines. Go back around and open the door. There are a number of supplies inside, but you can only access the northwest door first. Go here and press the switch to open the southeast door. The switch in this room opens the northeast door to a rocket launcher.
- Two buildings are to the north. The northernmost building holds the red key and it can be grabbed by the strategy outlined above. The building just below that can be accessed from the water below. It contains a secret and a few supplies.
- If you climb the stairs to the northeastern building, you will find the blue key in the hall to your left. To get out of the building, press on the switch on the east wall that is different (the gargoyle switch) to open the door. On the other end of this building is a small pool of blood with three key bars that lead to the exit. Make sure you have a radiation suit before finding the exit.
Other points of interest
- Enter the central building through the yellow door and open the next door. Press on the wall with the hanging body to find a teleporter, taking you outside to a soul sphere and a radiation suit. (sector 261)
- Enter the teleporter north of the northwestern building to appear on a ledge at the northern building. Jump west to enter the red block, and press on the wall to lower it. To the south, another block will lower, revealing an arch-vile, a radiation suit, a megaarmor, and a computer area map. (sector 317)
- In the western building, just before the door leading outside to where the yellow key is, press on the east wall to find a teleporter where you can find an invulnerability. (sector 737)
- Enter the northern building through the north door then turn east and use the pentagram to find boxes of rockets, a radiation suit, and a stimpack. (sector 834)
Areas / screenshots
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:20||Przemysław Woda (Belial)||2006-01-04||nd28p020.zip|
|NM speed||00:21||Przemysław Woda (Belial)||2006-01-04||nd28np21.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:20||Przemysław Woda (Belial)||2006-01-04||nd28p020.zip|
Last updated on April 3, 2013.
1. ^ ndcpmax.zip is a collection of UV max demos for NDCP.
Last updated on April 3, 2013.
This level contains ten spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 172)
- facing north. (thing 173)
- facing west. (thing 174)
- facing east. (thing 175)
- facing south-west. (thing 176)
- facing south. (thing 177)
- facing west. (thing 178)
- facing north. (thing 179)
- facing north-east. (thing 180)
- facing south. (thing 181)