MAP28: Necrophobia (Community Chest)
|Community Chest maps 21-30|
MAP28: Necrophobia is the twenty-eighth map of Community Chest. It was designed by Gene Bird, and was originally released standalone as part of his Blind Alley series.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- The east side of the first staircase is misaligned. Open it to find a medikit, a box of bullets, a box of shells, a box of rockets, a chainsaw, a chaingun, and a teleporter. (sector 53)
- Enter the teleporter in secret #1 to be taken to the firing point east of the bridge (sector 23), where you can obtain a stimpack, a box of shells, a bulk cell, a backpack, and a rocket launcher. Jump to, and then from either of the western pillars to return to the bridge. If you fall into the blood, press on the side of the bridge to access it.
- Once you lower the pillar holding the yellow key, Enter the building to the north to find that the metal pillar in the west has lowered to reveal a teleporter. Step onto it to be taken to a megasphere. (sector 135)
- At the top of the stairway in the northwest of the map, climb onto the railing, and do a running jump to the north into the northern compartment to register this secret. (sector 299) Inside are two rockets and a cell. Press on the window to exit the compartment.
Sector 151, the north portion of the blood pit in the east of the map, is not marked as a damaging floor, unlike sector 149, making up the rest of the blood pit. Thus, if you fall onto this sector before raising the bridge, you will not take any damage. In addition, you will be unable to escape, unless you use the noclip cheat.
Linedefs 826 and 827, making up the southern side of the second step of the staircase into the room before the yellow key area, are set as impassible for no apparent reason.
The back sides of linedefs 2000 (the northern side of the window in secret #4), 1818 (the step of the staircase at the east side of the window) and 1860 (the step at the center of the window) are not textured. As a result, lowering the bottom of the window to exit secret #4 will result in Hall of Mirrors effects becoming visible on the outer side of the alcove, and the inner sides of the staircase.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.