MAP28: The Power to Believe (32in24-5)
MAP28: The Power to Believe is the twenty-eighth map of 32in24-5, a deathmatch megawad. It was designed by Shaikoten, asspants, Nick McCarthy (DD_133) and Sarah Mancuso (esselfortium), and uses the music track "Koopa No. 3," originally composed by Koji Kondo for Super Mario 4, orchestrated and sequenced to MIDI.
This map has a simple layout. It consists of an outdoor area to the east, and an indoor area to the west that features an elevated secton. A balcony extends from the upper level of the building into the centre of the outdoor area, where players can find the rocket launcher. The building has three entrances; north, centre and south, and the latter two both entering at roughly the same part of its main hallway. Along the southern edge of the main hallway, players can find a green armor and the door to the exit room, which contains no items.
A lift to the upper level is located in the north-west corner, which serves as a path to not only the central balcony, but also the BFG9000, by following the walkway along the upper level, round each corner of the building, jumping across three gaps with the aid of steep steps to add height to the jumps. The BFG itself is in the north-west corner, overlooking the lift.
The outdoor area features short rivers of lava, which are not damaging.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- On the central balcony, facing north-east. Gets the rocket launcher on spawn. (thing 0)
- In the north-west corner of the outdoor area, facing east. Gets a super shotgun on spawn. (thing 2)
- In the south of the outdoor area, facing north. Gets a super shotgun on spawn. (thing 4)
- In the north-east corner of the outdoor area, facing north, which starts the player off by looking at a wall. Gets a super shotgun on spawn. 331 units from spawn #5. (thing 8)
- In the north-east corner of the outdoor area, facing west. Gets a super shotgun on spawn. 331 units from spawn #4. (thing 10)
- Near the south-west corner of the building on the upper level, facing south. Gets a chaingun on spawn. (thing 12)
- About halfway along the south wall of the upper level of the building, facing east. Gets a shotgun on spawn. (thing 14)
- On the upper level of the building opposite spawn #7, facing west. No weapons on spawn, but has by far the shortest distance to travel for the BFG. (thing 16)
Areas / screenshots
|Box of shotgun shells||4|
|Box of rockets||2|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|