MAP28: Timeslip (Eternal Doom)
|Eternal Doom maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP28. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP28.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- This level is a crescent shaped maze (web) of rooms in which switches and triggers are needed to open 'force fields' such that new sections can be accessed. It is easy to lose track of precisely what section you are in.
- If there is glass in front of a switch, you can destroy the glass (and then press the switch). The two pieces of glass leading to the 'core' area (in between the blue key and yellow key consoles) can also be destroyed.
- When you find the chaingun pedestal, you must jump across the fence(s) to the rocket launcher pedestal in order to get to the next area(s).
- In the room (opened up with the yellow key) with a soulsphere and a yellow skull switch that are both slightly too high up to be accessed directly, use the slightly raised floor of one of the entries into the room (there is a gap in the adjacent fence) to sneak your way to the yellow skull switch, which opens a teleporter just to the left that allows you to get the red key you saw behind glass earlier on.
- The force field in front of the exit teleporter (signaled by the 'NOW ENTERING...' message) is fake, so just walk into the teleport to finish the level.
- In the middle of the map under the yellow key, you can find a plasma gun and energy cell packs guarded by a cyberdemon. (sector 466)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NoMo 100S||1:39.06||Kai-Uwe Humpert (Gazelle)||1997-11-15||e3demos.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains ten spawn points:
- facing south-west. (thing 204)
- facing south-west. (thing 206)
- facing south-west. (thing 209)
- facing south-east. (thing 210)
- facing south-west. (thing 211)
- facing south-west. (thing 215)
- facing south-east. (thing 221)
- facing north-east. (thing 222)
- facing north-east. (thing 227)
- facing south-west. (thing 230)