MAP28: Top Hell (Hell Revealed)
|Hell Revealed maps 21-30|
According to the Hell Revealed info pack:
- This is an underground city filled with all the strong enemies. You will not find weaklings - they simply didn't survive. Also, look for the Cyberdemons' revenge: remember doom2 level 8 (Tricks and Traps)? Now's the Cyberdemons' time for payback!
- This level is so hard because Haggay got angry after 29 turned out too easy :-)
- Size: medium
- Difficulty: very hard
Hit the skull switches at the beginning and gather all your belongings. When you open the door you will have to contend with a lot of big monsters. There is a baron horde directly in front of you, several arachnotrons and mancubi on the side paths, and several cyberdemons on the ledges. The yellow key is on top of the blood fountain directly in front of you. Behind that is another building with arch-viles and a plasma gun inside. When you get your bearings situated, head for the western side path, and go around the brown rocky wall. Open the door and get the megasphere, then open the next door. You may be tempted to shoot the spider mastermind directly in front of you, but it is not active yet. You need to step on its platform (gaining the red key in the process) and it will be active, along with two arachnotrons. When you get the red key, return to the center of the map and head around the arch-vile building to find another opening with barons of Hell and three doors. The ones on the sides are optional. The one on the right is a reversed version of the cyberdemon-baron room from Tricks and Traps, while the one on the left leads to two rooms with barons of Hell, mancubi, and a berserk pack. Grabbing the berserk pack triggers arch-viles into the room. The door you need to go to is straight ahead, which requires the red key. Open it to find an arch-vile and a teleporter taking you to the yellow skull key. After that, run to the eastern side path, all the way east to the orange-walled section. The easternmost door leads to the exit room, and several caged mancubi, arch-viles, and barons of Hell will attack you there.
- In the eastern section leading to the yellow door there is a demon-face on the northern wall. Press it to lower a lift to a secret compartment containing a BFG9000 and a bulk cell. (sector 162)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:13||Marijo Sedlić (Sedlo)||2002-01-25||hr28-013.zip|
|NM speed||00:13||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2011-12-31||hn28-013.zip|
|UV max||05:43||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2002-05-31||hr28-543.zip|
|UV -fast||07:09||Anders Johnsen||2001-03-01||hf28-709.zip|
|UV -respawn||05:16||Casey Alvis (Altima Mantoid)||2003-03-23||he28-516.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:13||Marijo Sedlić (Sedlo)||2002-01-25||hr28-013.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 4, 2020.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 364)
- facing north. (thing 365)
- facing north. (thing 366)
- facing north. (thing 367)