MAP29: Nightmare's Requiem (Hellcore)
|Hellcore maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP29. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP29.
MAP29: Nightmare's Requiem is the twenty-ninth map of Hellcore. It was designed by Devon West (Darkfyre) and uses the music track "".
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Inside the cathedral at the start, run up to the altar on your right (east) and press the lion switch. A lift will lower north of this altar. Run up the steps to this lift and ride it up. The room that follows has a plasma gun, stimpacks, energy cells, and boxes of rockets. (sector 801)
- Along the stone hallways, you will eventually reach a room with three faces on columns. The column to your right (northernmost) has a lion face instead of a gargoyle face. This is a switch that lowers a pillar with a backpack next to it. (sector 441)
- When you enter the large marble room with the three key doors, open the red door and move behind the teleporter, lowering the southern wall with the baron face on it to reveal a secret room with rockets, stimpacks, and a green armor. (sector 871)
- On the way to the blue key, you will run up some stairs with pillars on the sides of these stairs. One of the southern pillars holds a beating heart. Use this pillar to lower it and the wall behind it, which is a teleporter. This teleporter takes you to a cage in the final arena where you can find a megasphere and lots of ammo. Note that the secret sector itself is the sector with the pillar with the beating heart and is actually not accessible without cheating. (sector 1238)
- Go up to the gate in the final arena, then go west of that gate. The metal beam next to you can be lowered, and you can continue on this ledge to the next metal beam. This metal beam can also be lowered, this time revealing a teleporter. This teleporter will take you to a soul sphere near the exit. (sector 1325)
Only 80% secrets is possible on this map due to Secret #4 being unobtainable without cheating.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||19:31||Richie Agnew||2004-09-29||hc29-1931.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 16, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 765)
- facing north-west. (thing 773)
- facing north. (thing 775)
- facing north. (thing 776)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: