MAP29: Spiritual Holocaust (Community Chest 4)
|Community Chest 4 maps 21-30|
MAP29: Spiritual Holocaust is the twenty-ninth and penultimate level of Community Chest 4. It was designed by Christian Lian (darkreaver) and uses "Crawling Vermin," a music track from Planet of Cartmans 2 composed by Maxime Tondreau.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- In the room where the shotgun guys pop up from the floor, the skull switch opens up walls on its sides, but you cannot reach them from your floor level. If you open the door, you also trigger an arch-vile behind you. It is possible to time an arch-vile jump while using the switch to propel you to the secret, which contains a soul sphere. A better way of reaching the secret is by going to the room where a wall of chaingunners appears (a bit past the door opened by the yellow key switch). Press on the wall opposite the one that opens to reveal a switch. Shoot it and you will hear a door open. Return to the rocket launcher room to find a teleporter nearby. The sector you teleport onto is the secret sector. (sector 173)
- Maneuver through the rocky ledges on the eastern part of the map. Head all the way east to spot a translucent lava fall. There is a teleporter behind it, take it to get a soul sphere, an energy cell, an energy cell pack, and a box of rockets. (sector 1314)
- In the room past the yellow switch on the southern part of the map, find the satyr switch on the left side of the map. Press it and press the switch behind it. Look behind you and you will see a lost soul and a radiation suit. (sector 779)
- In a nod to speedrunners, entering the blue skull area early by rocket or arch-vile jumping from the rocket launcher platform dims the lights; gives the player a blue skull, yellow skull, supercharge, combat armor, BFG, and 1000+ cells via voodoo doll; and unleashes a horde of arch-viles. The player can then use the blue skull to proceed directly to the exit. Collecting the red skull disables this secret and crushes any undeployed arch-viles.
- In the initial release of the megawad, a bug in this map prevented the player from achieving 100% Kills if they stood in a specific sector. A hotfix fixing this bug was released on September 9, 2012.
- A multiplayer-only cyberdemon (Thing 386) in the south has no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so it does not actually appear in the level.
Areas / screenshots
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 23, 2018.