MAP29: hazmat hazama (Japanese Community Project)
|Japanese Community Project|
The map makes strong use of the glitch theme, showing a warped or bugged architecture that interposes itself, creating different breaks between areas, which results in the sensation of advancing through a level that breaks between different areas or sectors. Hazmat is a term used to describe hazardous/toxic materials, while Hazama translates to 'Gap' or 'Space Between', referring to the gaps of visible skybox between each of the pieces of map architecture.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- At the southwest part of the map, it is possible to reach the platform with revenants on it via the ledges nearby. There is a switch on this platform which reveals a passage below (sector 204). Follow this small passage to reach a super shotgun and armor bonuses.
- At the south end of the map, step onto the orange pentagram block and continue north into a red hall with a pile of shotgun shells. Turn left here, go over the nukage and into a room with numerous green and red switches on the south wall. The top one fourth from the right is usable. After using it, backtrack to the reception desk area by the orange pentagram block and go behind the counter to see an open door. Follow the trail of health bonuses to a megaarmor, then go west, look south and shoot the barrel, then drop down beyond it to get a backpack. (sector 410)
- At the southeast part of the map, drop from a higher ledge to the center of the blood and press on the east side of the skull block. Afterwards, get out of there via the rising and lowering water slab and head north towards the teleporter with the arch-vile. Climb around the rubble until you reach the teleporter, which will take you to a city-like area with imps (sector 1221). If you head around the perimeter counter-clockwise, it is possible to find a boxes of rockets.
- In the same initial area as Secret #3, go to the higher ledge on the west side and go all the way north, then use the west wall (there's a very subtle texture misalignment) to find the yellow skull key. (sector 841)
- After you get the yellow key from Secret #3, backtrack all the way to the first outside area on the west side of the map and head towards the sky in the northeast corner which will make you rise up. From here, shoot the switch to the southwest to raise the nearby lift. Ride that lift up, then go north towards the yellow door. This will take you to an icy room with a megasphere. You can then drop down to get a partial invisibility. Turn right from there to get a computer area map and the blue skull key. (sector 334)
- At the east end of the map, it is possible to climb onto the mouth of the Icon of Sin by using the high ledge and the nukage platform to jump eastward. Inside you will find a plasma gun. (sector 527)
- Drop down from Secret #6 and go through the fake grate to the right, behind the BFG9000. Open the flame wall and head through it (sector 1729) to find a blue room with a stash of ammo and a light amplification visor.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.