MAP30: Abandoned Front Base (Strife)
|Strife levels (01-06 & 30)|
After the Programmer is killed, MAP03: Front Base becomes MAP30: Abandoned Front Base, as the Front has become a force to be reckoned with, and managed to secure much better premises in the Programmer's former castle. It uses the music track "Drone".
- 1 Overview
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
There are some medical supplies and ammunition left behind during the move, which the player can scavenge if he wants to be thorough. Geoff will also be guarding the entrance in the town indefinitely in spite of the base having moved. While it seems that the abandoned base exists more for atmosphere than for any major contribution to the game, the level does hide a valuable stash.
Other points of interest
There are no official secrets on this map.
- When you were in the base before forsaking, you possibly found a secret passage that could be entered from two separate doors near the entrance stairs. There was another door in the passage that needed the silver key to open. Now that you have received it from a False Programmer, you are able to enter the door. A cell with a shadow armor and an ammo satchel will be revealed.
- As you enter the western side of the aforementioned passage, a wall will lower nearby providing an access to another passage. It has a stash of items. You will find two units of phosphorous grenades, a targeter, three medical kits and 200 pieces of gold. At the other end, you can open the second entrance to the passage.
- The lift that leads to the barracks still has its false wall secret. There is another lift just behind the passable wall. Like in MAP03, jump to the shaft of the new lift or wait for the floor to return up to lower it again. By contrast to the previous areas, only a box of bullets can be discovered on the bottom this time.
You can enter the two first secret areas in MAP03 as well as you are still able to return there when you get the silver key. However, the cell of the level is empty and the stash passage only has two medical kits.
- two packs of electric bolts (Things 33 and 59),
- a metal armor (35),
- two crossbows (36 and 57),
- a med patch (49),
- an ammo satchel (58).
The player 1 start (Thing 0) and teleport map spot 1 (Thing 1) have no skill flags set either, but because of special handling in the engine, they function normally in the level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks