MAP30: Fire and Ice (Scythe)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- Fall into the lava in the middle of the map and find the cave in the northwest corner. You will find an invulnerability (not on Ultra-Violence or higher), stimpacks, boxes of shotgun shells, boxes of rockets, and a green armor. (sector 233)
- At the start, go right at the fork past the barons of Hell and press on the lighter recessed wall to find a demon guarding a computer area map, a berserk pack, and a megaarmor. (sector 247)
- Fall into the lava in the middle of the map and head for the southeast corner to find an invulnerability. (sector 284)
- If you keep going down the hallway past Secret #5, you will eventually trigger this secret, which is the window with barons of Hell along with cacodemons to the side. There are a few supplies here. (sector 381)
- On the walkway with mancubi at the south end of the map, at the southernmost part of the walkway is an enclosed section of rock you can fall into. Do so, and in the tunnel of spectres that follows, press on the wall that the white light is shining on to get energy cell packs. (sector 399)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Basically this map can be finished with just a pistol, however note that it is an extremely difficult route. And do not shoot at all until you get the yellow key.
At the start, just go down and press the switch on the left and lower the door which will reveal a cyberdemon. Go around and go straight up the stairs ahead, avoid the cyberdemon on top and jump off and go into the small building. Press the switch right next to the megasphere, and go outside. Avoiding revenants, go up the stairs that look exactly like the ones at the start. This time, jump off the ledge and go where all the mancubi are, and go into the small building again. Try to get the barons collected in one side, or they will block you. Get the key, but don't jump off, just turn around. Go to the room behind the stairway (not at the start) and follow the stairs. Avoid Hell knights and the arch-vile, go straight and open the yellow door. Press the switch, get back out, and while the yellow pillar is lowering just keep running into it. Once you are able to climb it, go straight up and climb blue and red ones and fall down to see the Romero's head. Go around it and kill with the pistol.
A trick makes it possible to skip most of the map; out of the three colored barriers that block the way to the Romero's head, only the first, yellow one need be opened. It is possible to both climb the three barriers like stairs by running over the yellow barrier while it's lowering, or to perform an arch-vile jump past the two latter barriers once the yellow one is opened. Therefore two of the keys are unnecessary.
The Compet-n records for the map are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 4, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:33||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-02-12||sc30-033.zip|
|NM speed||00:36||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2003-04-12||sc_lmps.zip|
|UV -fast||31:55||Jochen Schneidau (Angus)||2007-03-30||sc30f3155.zip|
|UV pacifist||05:01||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-07-30||sc30p501.zip|
Last updated on November 27, 2013.
|UV speed TAS||00:28||Hock||2012-08-131||sc30x028.zip|
|HMP max||24:56||Richie Agnew (Ragnew)||2003-12-08||sc30-s3.zip|
Last updated on November 27, 2013.