MAP30: Into the Unknown (NOVA III)
|NOVA III maps|
Lunar base maps
This level occupies the map slot MAP30. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP30.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP30: Into the Unknown is the thirtieth and final map of NOVA III. It was designed by Tristan Clark, Paul977 and Alex Scott (Scotty), and uses the music track "Last Man Standing (Sacraficial Symphony)" [sic], originally composed by Kristian Aro (Nebula) for Whispers of Satan.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the southwesternmost part of the map, battle the monsters after crossing the wire in the middle, then use the switch at the west side to open the south and east walls. Head south and flip either of the switches here. These switches open up two walls to the north. Head to the northwest (an arch-vile will be here on Ultra-Violence or higher) and you will see a light. On the north side of the wall is a switch you can shoot. After shooting it, head northeast and use the switch to continue northeast to the blue key. Now head east of the blue key and south to reach an energy cell pack, a soul sphere, and if you flip the switch here you can telefrag a cyberdemon. (sector 465)
- Enter the round, cylindrical structure in the southwest part of the map and flip the switch to lower this area. When it lowers all the way go to the northwest side and look northwest for a switch to shoot. Head back to where the red key was and go to the right of it, into a passage that contains an invulnerability and energy cell packs. (sector 656)
- At the east cave with the rockets, cross the bridge north and up the rocks to the hall, but instead of going inside, go along the rocks just to the south of it. When you reach the lamp, use the darker rocks here to reach a teleporter to a secret arena where you can get a soul sphere, a BFG9000, and other supplies as you battle a cyberdemon, former humans, and imps, as well as a pain elemental on Ultra-Violence or higher). (sector 1003)
- Head west from the chaingun and rocket launcher at the start and head north into the big room. From the steps leading down, get onto the north railing, then look at the terminals to the west. One of these is flickering. Jump from the railing to the terminals and go through the flickering one to get a soul sphere. (sector 1095)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||14:00.20||Dylan Gill (TheV1perK1ller)||2022-01-15||n330-1400.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: