MAP30: Last Call (TNT: Evilution)
|TNT: Evilution maps 21-30|
First pick all the ammo up and open the door at the end of the hallway. Enter the outside area by turning right. You will come to a blood pool containing many platforms, three of which are close enough to run onto. Some of these platforms will kill you instantly if you step on them (using a voodoo doll trick). The key to the puzzle lies in the torches. Look at the torches in the hallway from which you arrived into this area and notice their color. The platforms you must go through have colored torches and you must match the same sequence to safely arrive on the other side:
- red, green (2X), blue, green, blue, green, blue, green (2X), red, blue, red, blue
Go straight and open the door. Follow the curved hallway until you reach a room with the red key, pressing switches along the way. Open the red skull key door at the south end and take the teleporter in that room.
You will arrive in a room with a lot of ammo and enemies. Follow the hallway to the end, where you will see two teleporters. Both of them lead to the final room, containing the final boss.
Climb to the top of the curved stairs and drop down onto the raised platform and press the switch. This raises another set of stairs leading up to the ledge behind the curved stairs. Travel up to this ledge. This places the player at roughly the height of the "hole" in the bosses head graphic. However, unlike the final bosses of Doom II and The Plutonia Experiment, one must actually aim just below the "hole" to hit the boss brain. If you stand on the step just before the upper platform you will be able to strike the boss with normal ranged attacks.
- The final boss area counts as a secret; you can't miss it. (sector 51)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
- You can use two alternative ways to bypass a considerable part of the torch maze. At the sixth torch, you can run diagonally northwest to another blue torch (arrow A in the adjacent picture). This route is used in all current record runs. The other choice is to straferun from the fifth torch to the red torch in the northwest (arrow B in the picture). When using this route, you must cross the target platform at its eastern side, as the southern one is lethal.
- When the final boss spawns an arch-vile, you may execute an arch-vile jump to get up to the left side ledge where the exit is located. To do so, you must avoid the lines marked with C in the picture.
- It is possible to finish the level in UV Tyson due to the nature of the boss brain being exposed. Normal runs may utilize this vulnerability by firing a powerful weapon such as the BFG where rockets are normally fired to kill the boss in a single hit.
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||01:24||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2011-12-14||ev30-124.zip|
|NM speed||01:24||Erick Tenorio (GuyNamedErick)||2018-01-20||tn30-124.zip|
|UV max||02:51||Yashar Garibzadeh (GeminI)||2001-02-13||ev30-251.zip|
|UV -fast||04:02||Jakub Razák (method_man)||2003-06-23||ef30-402.zip|
|UV -respawn||02:53||Casey Alvis (Altima Mantoid)||2003-03-29||er30-253.zip|
|UV pacifist||02:04||Eugene Kapustin||2003-03-26||ep30-204.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 5, 2020.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 52)
- facing west. (thing 53)
- facing east. (thing 54)
- facing west. (thing 55)
- The boss brain at the end of the level is placed in such a way that allows it to be hit by any weapon. Unlike the final maps of Doom II and The Plutonia Experiment, the boss brain is not lower than the opening but is at the same level as the opening. Therefore, it is possible to hit the boss brain with any ranged weapon either from the player or monsters.
- The final arena where you fight the boss brain, although free of glitches, is not set up correctly. Upon killing a boss brain, explosions are generated 320 units to the south, to give the impression that the final boss is exploding. However, this boss brain faces north; the explosions are generated out of bounds where the player cannot see.
- The boss brain and spawn shooter are "disabled" in deathmatch through a hidden barrier in front of them that starts off closed when the map begins. This barrier is raised in single player and co-operative by an unavoidable trigger near the start location on the map. In deathmatch, this area of the map cannot be reached and therefore the trigger cannot be reached. Hence the boss brain will never activate in this game mode due to the barrier blocking it from seeing or hearing a player.
- When playing in deathmatch mode, a player may respawn in either one of two small rooms which contain a single switch which opens four doors in the windowed hallway. Once open, one may access a teleporter inside another small room slightly down the hall on the right side. Using that teleporter, one may teleport to the ledge containing the exit switch. However, in non-deathmatch modes, you must either use the no clipping cheat or execute an arch-vile jump to reach the ledge.