MAP30: Nevermore (Requiem)
|Requiem maps 21-30|
- 1 Description
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
According to both the text file and the Requiem info pack:
- You have uncovered the secret stronghold of the Demons .... Intelligence says you should have the advantage of surprise on your side, but they believe that the Demons will be able to summon many reinforcements quickly, if need be. Your objective is straightforward enough -- find the switch to open the shielding on the Demons' power core and destroy the power source itself, but you must do so quickly enough that demonic reinforcements do not overwhelm you ....
Open the door and grab the super shotgun. You will also reveal several supplies in cubby holes nearby. When you are ready, open the next door, killing monsters in the hall and in the next room. Find the down switch in this room and press it, lowering the rocket launcher but also triggering monsters to teleport into the room. You do not have to take the rocket launcher though, but it may help against the final boss. When you are ready, enter the door to the right, quickly killing the zombies as you make your way to the big room. The final boss will be alerted and will spawn cubes on the eight teleport pads in this room, so keep your distance from them to avoid getting telefragged. An arrow of health bonuses points to where you should shoot, but first, press the switch that is to the right when you exit the walkway leading the big room. This opens up the silver column revealing a red column which you should shoot at. You can shoot at it from any angle with any weapon. A rocket launcher helps here for its splash damage. Damage it enough times to kill it and end the megawad.
Other points of interest
There are no official secrets in this level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:15||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-12-14||rq30-015.zip|
|NM speed||00:17||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-08-29||rn30-017.zip|
|UV max||00:49||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-12-12||rq30-049.zip|
|UV -fast||01:15||M. Phoenix Dailey (Archy)||2013-03-13||rf30-115.zip|
|UV -respawn||00:41||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-12-12||rr30-041.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing north-east. (thing 174)
- facing south. (thing 175)
- facing north-east. (thing 176)