MAP30: Point Dreadful (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 21-30|
MAP30: Point Dreadful is the thirtieth and final map of Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Anders Johnsen, with the deathmatch portion designed by Kim André Malde. It was known as Point Dreadfull [sic] in the first release of the megawad. The music for this map is an unnamed track composed for the PC game Lands of Lore 2 that was ultimately not used.
Go north, grabbing the weapons to the left. When you head into the room with the megasphere, the portal is just ahead. You will meet the Icon of Sin here. Go left and hit the switch to lower an invisible platform (marked by two torches). Quickly run here and ride it up, timing your rocket launcher shots to hit the brain when you do. The Icon will spit out four cubes at a time, on the platforms you are on. If you fail to kill the Icon the first time, you will have to ride the lifts up. However, the first one is next to impossible to reach since the switch is very far away from the lift you need to go on. This is why it is recommended to time it as swiftly as possible, so you do not have to go a second try.
- The hallway connecting the first and second areas at the beginning of the level is tagged as secret. Impossible to miss. (sector 24)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:58||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-04-16||av30-058.zip|
|NM speed||00:59||Jakub Machata (DooMerMan)||2003-08-10||an30-059.zip|
|UV max||00:58||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-04-16||av30-058.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
- Normally, the level is finished with 100% secrets, so a separate category from NM speed would be redundant. All secrets are found unless the noclip bug occurs.
This level includes its own, separate deathmatch arena.
This arena contains nine spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 143)
- facing south-east. (thing 144)
- facing south-west. (thing 145)
- facing north. (thing 146)
- facing south. (thing 244)
- facing north. (thing 245)
- facing east. (thing 246)
- facing west. (thing 247)
- facing north. (thing 249)
|4 shotgun shells||6||4||3|
|Energy cell pack||1|