MAP30: Sinner's Redemption (1000 Line Community Project)
|1000 Line CP maps|
MAP30: Sinner's Redemption (in Vanilla ports, named simply "Redemption" on the automap) is the thirtieth and final map of 1000 Line Community Project. It was designed by Przemek Zimny (alterworldruler) and uses the music track "The Forgotten God" from Revolution! MIDI Pack.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Take the megasphere in front of you (or berserk pack on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels) - the floor will rise and you will find yourself in a wide area with many arachnotrons on each side. Ignore the arachnotrons and quickly run up the square steps until you reach a fire wall at the far end, collecting three more megaspheres on the way (or supercharges on UV and NM); do not fall into the blood as it is inescapable and highly damaging.
You will teleport into a large arena with two looping platforms; the Icon of Sin can be seen at the north side of this arena behind some mancubi. To reach the Icon's brain you must raise a lift inside the central structure; the switch that raises this lift is hidden behind four wooden barriers that can only be lowered by entering the four teleporters in the corners of the arena. The teleporters can be used in any order.
- Enter the north-east teleporter, take the rocket launcher, boxes of rockets and invulnerability around you then press the gargoyle switch to lower the surrounding walls. You will find yourself in a hexagonal chamber surrounded by seven cyberdemons along with many demons, as well as lots of chaingunners on overhead ledges. There are six skull platforms that have imps and switches on them - quickly flip all six switches to reveal a teleporter leading back to the main arena, then step on it before the invulnerability wears off.
- After entering the south-east teleporter, you will find yourself in a red chamber with a plasma gun, energy cell packs and a supercharge (or megasphere on I'm Too Young To Die and Hey Not Too Rough) in front of you. Stepping off the teleporter pad will lower four platforms around you holding revenants, and shooting them will alert more revenants (plus two arch-viles on Hurt Me Plenty or higher). Press all four skull switches in the corners of this area then look in the south-east corner to find a blood pool that will return you to the main arena.
- After entering the south-west teleporter, you will see a rocket launcher, boxes of rockets and a megasphere around you - stepping forward will lower the surrounding walls, revealing a chamber with four mancubi, four arachnotrons and many demons. There are four columns in the corners of the chamber that contain skull switches, which must be pressed in the following order: south-east, north-west, north-east and south-west. Pressing the final switch will lower a teleporter in the north-west corner - step on it before it rises again to return to the main arena.
- Using the north-west teleporter will put you in a square chamber with Hell knights, as well as arachnotrons and revenants on HMP or higher - there will also be a super shotgun and megasphere in front of you (on UV and NM, the megasphere is replaced with a supercharge and a plasma gun appears behind you). Quickly step off the teleporter pad to activate four moving ceilings that you can use as cover, then flip the three switches in the corners of the room. This will lower three barriers in the north-west corner and allow you to reach a teleporter leading back to the main arena.
After using all four teleporters and returning to the main arena, fight your way to the south structure to find a computer skull switch that will raise the lift in the center building. Ride the lift up, then fire rockets through the moving barrier in the north window until the Icon of Sin is destroyed.
Other points of interest
A super shotgun and chaingun can be found on the west and east sides of the main arena respectively.
- Head behind the southern structure in the main arena to find a radiation suit, a light amplification visor, a megasphere, a BFG9000 and energy cells. (sector 85)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on September 21, 2022.