MAP30: The Gatewatcher (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 21-30|
MAP30: The Gatewatcher is the thirtieth and final map of Plutonia 2. It was designed by Thomas van der Velden, and uses the music track "Cataclysmic Impact" by James Paddock. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 3:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You will end up back at the beginning. There is a switch to the left of the previous teleporter by a pole in the fence. Hit it, and enter a newly opened teleporter. There is a partial invisibility and berserk powerup available. Head back to the beginning through the teleporter and enter the right one.
Now to tackle the final boss-pull out your rocket launcher, and aim at the eye. It does not matter which pillar you stand on-you can attack the boss regardless from either position. It is difficult to hit since the gap is so small-if you fail, don't worry-just reload your game and try again. If there are too many enemies distracting you, clear them out with your BFG if you still have ammunition for the weapon.
Eventually, the boss will explode once you strike him enough with rockets in the right spot. Congratulations on beating Plutonia 2!
Other points of interest
- The northern side of the western fence post in the starting area has a lion's face. Push it to open a teleporter in the northeast corner of this area. It leads to another area with a berserk pack and a blur artifact. (sector 96)
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NoMo||0:33.54||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2013-04-21||plt2nomo.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 19, 2022.
|UV speed TAS||0:43.17||2009-05-20||p230x043.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 29)
- facing north-east. (thing 31)
- facing north. (thing 32)
- facing north-east. (thing 33)
- facing south-east. (thing 150)
- facing south-west. (thing 151)
Inspiration and development
- During development this map was called The Gatekeeper.