MAP31: 1010011010 (Speed of Doom)
|Speed of Doom secret maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- In the first big outdoor area (with the blue key at its end), check along the western blue wall near the alcove with energy cells for a spot with a gap. Open it and take the teleporter to telefrag an arachnotron on a tower and pick up a backpack. (sector 783)
- After grabbing the blue key, don't jump down back to the starting area. Go out of the window slightly, head right, and you will find a megasphere. (sector 1264)
- To the left of the yellow key near/on the arachnotron platforms, you will see a switch that lowers those platforms, revealing health bonuses. (sector 1257)
- Inside Secret #3, you can find a recess with a switch. Shoot it to lower the other arachnotron platforms, with energy cells and a computer area map. (sector 733)
All along the level there are seven Keens. In order of accessibility:
- Inside a little chamber to the right of the number 7 on the floor, by the yellow key door.
- At the very north end of the open-air arena on the way to the blue keycard, in a corner up some stairs.
- Just north of Secret #1, inside the back of the blue pillar.
- Directly east of the blue keycard's pedestal.
- Directly west past the blue key door, under the overhang, right where the blue and circuitry walls meet.
- At the east side of the revenant closet due north of the previous location.
- In the brown sludge canal straight east of the yellow keycard. This one has to be shot from where the keycard is placed.
Killing them all opens the bars to the super secret level, The Pyramid of Death.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||0:57.63||2022-07-31||sd31p057.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV speed (secret exit)||1:37.89||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2011-03-27||sd31s-137.zip|
|NM speed (normal exit)||1:03.46||GrumpyCat||2021-07-31||sd31n103.zip|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV max||5:20.31||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2022-07-28||sd31-520.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)||0:57.63||2022-07-31||sd31p057.zip|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
|NoMo (normal exit)||0:48.83||2022-07-29||sd31o048.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 26, 2022.
Inspiration and development
- The name of this level is the binary representation of 666, the well-known Number of the Beast.