MAP31: Conglomeration Complex (NDCP)
|NDCP secret maps|
MAP31: Conglomeration Complex is the thirty-first map of NDCP. It was designed by Darren Finch (Doom_Dude), Liam McMullin (Aliotroph?), Wes Rath (PumpkinSmasher), Thomas Lutrov (Lutrov71), Fatal and Nuxius.
Go up and take the left door. Go through the passage to your northwest and find the switch there. This opens up a room with demons and an armor. A room behind you will open revealing a chaingunner and a switch. Hit the switch and go back to the previous room and the bars to the east will be gone so you can continue. In this hall, your only choice is to use the lift, and it takes you to a crate-filled area. Go west here and enter the next area with some hazard stripes on the floor. If you want a super shotgun, take the first door you see and get it, being wary of the barons of Hell and monsters that teleport behind you. Otherwise, go all the way north and there should be a round teleporter in the end here. Be careful of the baron of Hell as you take it. You will end up in a zombie-filled room with the red key in the middle of the bridge. Grab it and take the door to the west. You will wind up back at the hallway east of the start, so take the red door now. Head down the hallway and into a large courtyard. Grabbing the rocket launcher releases several mancubi. Go through the rocky cave to the southeast, going all the way until you find a large puzzle room. Stepping on the wrong platform here lowers you to a hallway where you must go back and try again. If you fail, be wary of monsters as you try again.
The correct path through the platforms can be determined by the wall texture of the platforms and ceiling. If the ceiling walls and the platform walls do not match, then stepping on this particular pattern will cause the platforms to drop. Look at the map view and follow the path if you are stuck. Remember if the ceiling matches the platform wall, then that is the platform you should move on.
Now when you are on the other side, grab the plasma gun and head through the door to the teleporter. You will be in a small area with the yellow key to the left. Get out of here into the courtyard and go back into the door where you first entered the courtyard. Back in this hallway, there should be a new place open with a chaingunner and a teleporter. This teleport takes you to the hallway on the other side of the courtyard behind the gratings. Take the door and then the yellow door on your right to reach the next few rooms. Find the switch here to open the bars and use the teleporter. In the next hall after the teleporter, you can go north and then west to return to the zombie-filled room where the red key was if you need to. Otherwise go down both ends of the hall. Start with the right first. There is an aside off to the left as you head eastward where you can get some boxes of bullets and a medikit if need be. When you go all the way to the right hand side you will see a big structure through a window. Inside here are a lot of imps, a spider mastermind, a couple of cacodemons and a few barons of Hell. There are two switches where the imps are, and these two switches open the way to the exit. From the right-hand side of this room, take the teleporter and flip the switch here and go back (should you fall to ground floor, take the teleporter in the southeast and it will take you back as well). Now take the other path on the left-hand side doing the same thing: going through the teleporter and flipping the switch. Take the passage south and east through the now open doors. Then go north to find the exit switch.
Other points of interest
- Fail the platform puzzle at least once, then take the northeastern passage and keep going around until you see a UAC logo on your left (south). Press on the wall where it is for a hidden passage leading to shotgun guys and a switch. After flipping the switch, head back to the hall and go east. A teleporter here will take you to the southeast cage overlooking the platform puzzle, where you can get a box of shotgun shells and a soul sphere. (sector 381)
- If you grab the rocket launcher and green armor in the outdoor courtyard, you will open up the side rooms with mancubi in them. Take the southern door back to the hallway and go all the way south to find a chaingunner and a teleporter. Open the misaligned wall in the southwestern corner to find a backpack. (sector 1143)
- Take the teleporter mentioned in Secret #2 to appear in the hall above the outdoor courtyard. Open the next door and go all the way to the west, then press on the wall with the electricity symbol on it to lower it. Open the next door and the floor ahead will lower allowing you to reach the ledge with chaingunners. There are shotgun shells here. (sector 239)
- Step to the east of Secret #3 and a skull switch will appear on the eastern wall in the courtyard. Quickly run up to it and press it before it closes off, then quickly run back to the western side of the courtyard and south to the pit before it rises. You will get a berserk pack. (sector 646)
- When you teleport to the southeastern area where the exit is, go north and west until you see a gray room with several computer panels and lost souls inside. On the western side, press on the gray wall where the double panels are to lower it, and quickly press on the northeastern computer panel to open the panel above the wall you lowered. Now get on that panel and ride it up, entering the compartment with shotgun shells and a megaarmor. (sector 1109)
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||8:56.40||Nikolay Kamnev (Heretic)||2009-07-17||ndcpmax.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 12, 2022.