MAP31: Diabolus Ex Machina (Hellbound)
|Hellbound secret maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
Secret level access (map 32)
To get to the second secret level the player must kill 5 "Commander Keen" figures scattered around the map for the secret exit door to open.
The locations for the Command Keen figure are:
- In there room where you fight your first spider in a tower, hear straight until you hit a red room with a Demon block behind a fence and some plasma ammo. Look carefully to the right over the fence.
- In the room where Secret 2 is, and where the blue key is located click on the north wall to reveal a hidden skull switch. When activated head to the eastern section of the room, one of the demon walls is now opening revealing a room with computers, at the very end of the room you will find your Command Keen figure and some Computer Area Map.
- In the U shaped open room where you fight to Spider masterminds, head to the blue room with the red key doors, you will see a Commander Keen figure right around one of those corners.
- In the same U shaped open room but in the opposite side, search for a black wall you can walk trough the command keen its inside.
- For the most hard Command Keen to find head to the central circular room where you fight a bunch of Cyberdemons and other monsters that spawn, there are 4 Megashperes in this room one for each side of the circle. To find the switch head to this room from the west corridor, you are looking for a switch that is grey, very slim, and its vertically place on the side of a pillar. If you have problems finding it out stand where the southwest Megasphere is and the look to the west corridor, carefully check the pillar for something grey.
Once the Commander keens are killed head to the map exit, right in the same section you will see some Nazy looking room that is your secret exit.
- At the start, follow the path to the door, but turn right and open the wall just before the snake walls that has a candle to find a teleporter. Going up the lift to the south after using the teleporter nets you some shotgun shells. (sector 1710)
- Take the lift up to where the blue key is, then drop to the left towards the fire wall. Hug the fire wall until you go through it to get a BFG9000. (sector 1718)
- In the eastern hallway from the center, open the door to the north and press on the satyr face directly to the west to open it for some energy cell packs. Note that you can not actually trigger the secret sector here. (sector 1720)
How to access secret level 2 (MAP 32)
The sections that make you access level 32 do not count a secrets in the secret count. You must kill 5 hidden "Commander Keen" (hang figure) to open a wall in the room where the regular exit is. The locations for this figures are:
- From the first door you open to access the big room with spiders on towers, head straight until you hit a red room with some plasma ammo and a Baphomet/demon block behind a fence. Look carefully over the fence to your right you should see a Commander Keen. Kill it.
- In the blue map section that is squared shaped, in the same room where you find the blue key and also where secret 2 is located search for a wall that opens, behind that door you will find a skull switch, next look for the demon wall that now is open east of your position. Inside you will find a very different styled room with computers, at the end of this room you will find the second Commander Keen and a useful map.
- HARDEST COMMAND KEEN Once you obtain the blue key you will attempt to access the next map section, which is the circular room where you fight some Cyberdemons and other monsters that teleport. In this room there is a really hard to see "grey vertical switch" that is very slim, this switch is right where the WEST corridor meets the room. If you cant find it, stand where the southwest Megaarmor should be, and then look right, then carefully see the wall textures, it is not in the wall but in a very slim intersection. Once the switch is on kill the Commander Keen fast located above at door in the central room pillar.
- The next Commander Keen is located in the room where you fight a bunch of Revenants, Hell Kight`s as you enter, its the only room where you will encounter 2 spider Masterminds in the whole map, its located in the blue room to the left from where you enter first, where the red doors are, look carefully for a corner you can clearly see a Command Keen hanging.
- The last Command Keen is exactly on the same map section just on the opposite side, look for black walls, you can walk right trough one of those, it is very probable that you killed this Commander Keen already by without meaning to do so, check for the remains.
Once this is done you will be able to access a room with Hitler picture located very near where the normal exit is, this is the entrance to the last secret level. As a curiosity, you can actually walk into the regular exit and check something interesting there as you will be able to walk back again.
Since it is not possible to actually step on Secret #3 due to the way it is constructed, only 66% secrets is possible on this map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV max||8:26.37||Dylan Gill (TheV1perK1ller)||2017-09-18||hb31-826.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 16, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 784)
- facing east. (thing 787)
- facing north. (thing 788)
- facing south. (thing 789)
- facing south-east. (thing 790)
- facing west. (thing 791)