MAP31: Dreamscape (Doom Core)
|Doom Core secret maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP31. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP31.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the western room of the main building, take the north door to the waterways. Head north and west, shooting the barrels to enter the small building here. Climb the steps and jump across to the east. Use the brown crate in this building to reveal a teleporter that will lead to a darkened building (sector 48) with the yellow door.
- From Secret #1, jump out the window to reach a building with a box of shotgun shells. You can jump east again to reach a super shotgun. Both buildings count as the same secret (sector 50).
- In the eastern room of the main building, go to the southwest and use the wall with the different texture at the northwest corner to lower it like a lift (sector 123). Ride the lift up and take the door to reach a soul sphere and some energy cell packs on a ledge overlooking the southern open area.
- In the crate room behind the yellow door, head to the walk towards the east end. A pile of two small crates has a metal pole on it; the pole will raise as you approach and you can press the crates to lower them. Go through it to get the computer area map in the very corner (sector 20). You have to stand on the floor behind the tiny boxes for the secret to register.
- In the same crate room, make your way to the south end of the room and use the crate between the lamps. After lowering it, use the wall behind it to open a small cubby (sector 269) with the red key, which is required for the secret exit. The floor will lower as you enter the secret, dropping you off at the hallway connecting the main building's two rooms.
- When you teleport to the southeastern part of the map with the circular structures connected by staircases, look to the south - the southern window is the only one without a scrolling texture. Press it to lower the parapet, then walk out to be teleported to the platform to the east (sector 272) where you can claim a soul sphere. To return, simply move over the edge and you'll be teleported back.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 16, 2022.