MAP31: Manufacturing Plant (Japanese Community Project)
|Japanese Community Project|
This level occupies the map slot MAP31. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP31.
MAP31: Manufacturing Plant is the first secret map of Japanese Community Project. It was designed by Masayan and uses the music track "At Doom's Gate" remix by unknown. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- After exiting the starting room and dispatching the demons waiting outside, turn right and interact with the wall with the mismatching flat. The wall will lower to reveal a room (sector 18) with a security armor inside.
- Upon entering the blue door after picking up the blue key, immediately turn left to find another wall with mismatching flat. Eliminate all the enemies inside the room (sector 391) and pick up the chaingun waiting on the floor. You will see a pillar lift up behind a window to reveal a red skull. This will be important later.
- Clear the next room from enemies and before you turn right onto the next path leading to the stairs on both sides, you will see a wall with two grey triangles. Back up from the wall and interact with the middle terminal to open the door leading to a secret room (sector 38) containing a few health bonuses, a couple stimpacks and an automap, complete with a spectre waiting in ambush.
- Exit from secret #2 and turn left to the path leading to stairs on both sides, and use the wall with mismatched flat. This will open up a room (sector 35) with a few health bonuses and stairs leading up to the upper level. Dispatch the shotgun guy, Hell knight and arch-vile before interacting with the switch at the very end. The wall will lower to reveal a path leading outside, a group of imps in the opened up, and a super shotgun at the very end. The pillar will reveal a blue key.
- Go back to the start of secret #4, and go up the stairs to the left. Open up the door to the right instead of any of the two to the left, and take out the enemies in the room. You will see two conveyor belts - take the one on the right and run through the wall to pick up a soul sphere (sector 132).
- While still on secret #5, head out of the fake wall and immediately turn left. There will be a grate on a wall. This is a secret switch, activate it to reveal a room to the right (sector 242) with waiting imps. Step into the room to pick up supplies.
- In the room with the red key, simply turn left and interact with the wall with the red stripes to reveal a small room with a plasma gun and an energy cell pack. This time a yellow skull key will be revealed (sector 279).
- Head to the building opposite of the large room leading to the normal exit, denoted by the green door. Once inside, take out every enemy inside and interact with the wall with the yellow-black stripes, and again to lower the lift. Should you reveal all three skull keys, all three pillars will rise to allow you to pick up the yellow key (sector 370). This key will allow you to open the room leading to MAP32.
- After turning the switch in the previous room, a spider mastermind will be revealed and the far right room with mancubi on the platforms will also open. Kill everything inside the room and instead of jumping on the ledge, strafe jump to the platform (sector 146) with the blue armor in the center.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are: