MAP31: Monster Mansion (Eternal Doom)
|Eternal Doom secret maps|
MAP31: Monster Mansion is the thirty-first level of Eternal Doom. It was designed by Jim Flynn and uses the music track "UAC 5-0". It is the sixteenth level in overall megawad progression, because MAP15 can be exited only via the secret exit. Likewise, you must exit this level to Map32.
Like Map15, this level was part of the Eternal Doom III upgrade, but twelve levels (Map32 and Map16-Map26) from the Eternal II section still remain.
- Take a look at the TV in the mansion itself. By stepping at the TV remote nearby, you will get a short clip showing you where the switch that opens the red door is.
- You can enter through a TV/security monitor.
- There is a hidden corridor to the blue key area in the bedroom right after the red door. Check the bed itself.
- The fountain north of the start with the soul sphere counts as a secret. (sector 4)
- In the northern portion of the mansion, use the outer edge of the steps to climb up and go east, as if you were going towards the hidden wall on the east side. When you see the warehouse portion of this area, jump to the railing where it is, then jump to the railings to the west. Open the wall to the west to find two chaingunners guarding a megasphere. (sector 584)
- In the guard control room, head between the second and third monitors and look for a switch behind the third monitor. Then, use the switch in front of the first monitor if you have not done so already and enter the monitor by pressing use on it. You will appear in a prison cell. Grab the soul sphere in front of you, then open the door ahead. Take this passage through the cell gates until you reach the computer area map. (sector 364)
Areas / screenshots
This level contains ten spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 383)
- facing south. (thing 384)
- facing north. (thing 385)
- facing north. (thing 386)
- facing east. (thing 387)
- facing west. (thing 388)
- facing west. (thing 389)
- facing east. (thing 390)
- facing south. (thing 391)
- facing south. (thing 392)