MAP31: Mt. Chaos (Community Chest)
|Community Chest secret maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You start in a pit; press on the northern wall to raise it. Grab the megasphere / blue armor -- you won't be able to get back here. Open the door, go through the hallway, and into the teleporter. Open the northeast door, and enter the southern, wooden building. Shoot the satyr's face, and press the switch in the northwest to create a step to the south. Go up the step, along the walkway, and out of the northern opening. Go around to the eastern side of the building, and flip the switch to lower the barrier blocking the door to your south. Open the door, grab the red key, and enter the northern building through the red door. Walk up the rocky staircase, and run to the L-shaped building to the northwest. Open the door at its southern side, and press the switch inside. Go to the stone building in the east, and navigate the stone pillars up to the blue key. Head back out, run to the far northwest of the map, and open the blue door. Go up the stairs, and run up to the yellow key, which will warp to the ground east of you. Grab it, drop back to the lower ground, and wait for the barrier in front of the yellow door to lower, which takes roughly two minutes. Once it finishes, open the door, and step into the teleporter.
Other points of interest
The small building to the northwest of the circular "fountain" contains a chaingun and various ammo.
The small building to the east of the building with the red key contains lots of cacodemons.
- On the east side of the green, marble structure in the southeast is a switch. (sector 123) Flip it to summon a soul sphere on the east side of the southern building.
- In the room opened by the red door, press on the western side of the southeast pillar in the room. It will lower to reveal a rocket launcher. (sector 243)
- In the hall to the exit teleporter, fire some rockets over the teleporter, and through the wall behind it. You will kill an unseen Commander Keen. Following this, a wall will open nearby to reveal a hidden room with a second teleporter. (sector 241) Step into the teleporter for the secret exit.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 285)
- facing east. (thing 286)
- facing south. (thing 287)
- facing south. (thing 288)
- facing east. (thing 289)
- facing west. (thing 290)