MAP31: Somewhere That's Green (Claustrophobia 1024 2)
|Claustrophobia 1024 2 secret maps|
MAP31: Somewhere That's Green is the first secret map of Claustrophobia 1024 2. It was designed by TheMionicDonut, Joonas Äijälä (Jodwin) and Walter Confalonieri (daimon), and uses a MIDI rendition of "Somewhere That's Green" from Little Shop of Horrors as its music track.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Use the shotgun in front of you to kill the imps blocking your path, then open the marble doors to confront some shotgun guys and a demon (or chaingunners and a Hell knight on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher). Open another door to the east to get outside and face various monsters, including cacodemons and/or pain elementals, then open another door in the south-west corner and push past some imps to get to a nukage corridor. Fight through any zombies and lost souls that rise from the nukage, then open the door at the north end to find one or two revenants guarding a super shotgun and the red keycard.
Go back outside and deal with the knight that teleports in, then open the large red key door to confront two imps (or another knight on HMP or higher). Open the door ahead to face one to three shotgun guys, then open another door to the north to face one or two knights, then continue north through another door to face a knight/baron of Hell, along with two cacodemons on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM). At the east end of the corridor are two buttons - press the left-hand button to open the wall on your right and reveal one or more shotgun guys (plus a mancubus on UV and NM), then approach the items at the south end of the room to open a second wall and reveal zombies/imps guarding the yellow keycard.
Go back to where you found the red key, killing some zombiemen and lost souls/pain elementals that have been released on the way, then open the yellow key door here to confront a knight. Climb either staircase (more knights are waiting at the top on HMP or higher) and slay any cacodemons that appear, then press the face switch in the south-east corner to open some compartments holding ammo and the blue keycard; an arch-vile will also teleport in so kill it before collecting the items. Fight your way back to where you found the yellow key, passing imps and a mancubus as you go, then open the blue key door to enter a square room with one to three arachnotrons who are guarding a rocket launcher, as well as a berserk pack (or megasphere on HMP or higher) on a crate. After a few seconds the center column will open and release revenants and/or arch-viles, then the south wall will lower to reveal revenants and imps guarding an exit switch. Press this switch to go to MAP16: End of the Line.
To get to the secret exit, you have to find all five secrets and press the switch in secret #5. Then return to the final room and press any of the four switches on the pillar within the central structure. If you have found every secret, the pillar with the switches will lower, and the secret exit switch will then appear in the starting area, on the north wall of the room where the chainsaw was. Press the switch to go to MAP32: Proceed With Caution.
Other points of interest
- In the nukage corridor at the south end of the map, you can open the wall at the south-west end (which has a vertical panel on it) to reveal a closet containing an armor and a backpack. (sector 51)
- Open the red key door and use the green pillar located immediately on your right. This will open up a secret area with a plasma gun and two energy cells. (sector 82)
- The yellow key is placed in a small niche in the wall, with a second niche to the left of it. Use that second niche, and a switch will appear between the two buttons on the wall to your left. If you have not already done so, press the right-hand button to open the nearby window, kill any mancubi waiting outside then press the newly-revealed middle switch to temporarily lower a gravestone at the north end of the yard, revealing a face switch. Shoot this switch to open a compartment to the south with a megaarmor, two boxes of rockets, two energy cell packs and four medikits, as well as two revenants on HMP or higher. (sector 167)
- Open the yellow key door and use the two strips of purple lights to the left and right of the wall that has a skull on it. The lights will turn red, and the wall with the skull will lower to reveal a supercharge, a rocket launcher and some rockets. (sector 120)
- Open the blue key door and cross into the final room. Now backtrack all the way to the starting area and open the demonic face opposite of where the chainsaw was. You may have to wait a little, but eventually, a secret closet will appear to your right, where you can grab a computer area map. (sector 285) Pressing the skull switch here is required to open the secret exit.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 31, 2022.