MAP31: Space Station Skywalker (Whispers of Satan)
|Whispers of Satan maps|
This level contains a secret level exit to MAP32: Ultimative Geheimnis.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Open the door in front of you at the start and go through this room to the next room. In this room, there is a door to the left, five doors to the right, and the red key atop the lift in front, guarded by red bars. Take the fourth door on the right (or the second door from the lift, whichever way you prefer), into a room with a switch at the end. Flip it and head back to see a door open with a Hell knight in front. Kill him and flip the switch at the end of this square hall to open a room with imps and another switch. You have to enter the four rooms in the interior part of this square hallway and flip the switches in each room. When you are done, go back to the red key room, take the lift, and acquire the key, then head back to the starting point.
Enter the red door into the hallway and head down to the two doors. Open the right door into the cargo room. Head around the right set of crates and up the stairs to a switch that, when flipped, opens the other door in the hallway. Go through this next hallway, killing shotgun guys as well as zombiemen who sit around the terminals. Head downstairs and flip the switch to access a chamber with barons of Hell and the blue keycard. Once you get it, backtrack to the starting point and enter the blue door. Behind the blue door, you will see a yellow keycard on top of a pedestal over murky gray water. Do not fall in it, instead, head around to the door on the other side and follow the long hallway to a switch. Press it but watch out as the hall walls will lower revealing a lot of monsters. Return to the yellow key room to find that you can now get the key; be prepared for cacodemons and pain elementals when you pick it up though.
Now return to the beginning and take the yellow door south. Go through the next hall and through the door. If you look to the right, you will spot the normal exit but you cannot reach it yet, so turn left for now and follow this hall to two sets of bars, with two side doors. Inside both side rooms are several monsters and a switch. You need to flip both of them to proceed. When you have opened the bars, continue down the hallway and you will come to a fork branching to the left and to the right. You have to go through both paths in order to open up the exit, and both halls lead to two identical sets of rooms. The first room is octagonal with arachnotrons and chaingunners inside, as well as a staircase leading to the next room. The next room contains several imps and demons, and a switch that, when flipped, will open one set of bars blocking the exit. Be sure to travel down both paths at the fork and press both of the switches, and then return to the exit. Watch out for the cyberdemon as you head to the exit however.
Other points of interest
- Open the door in front of you at the start and go through this room to the next room. In here, drop to the left and look at the cage to the west and you should see a switch. Shoot it and return to the previous room to find an opening containing a backpack and a chainsaw. (sector 221)
- In the room with the red key, there are five doors on the right side. To get this secret, there is a linedef in the corridor accessible from the third and fifth doors that opens it, but it closes fast. First, enter the second door from the right into the cargo room and kill the monsters here, so they do not get in the way. Then enter the third door from the right and kill the monsters here slowly. Then, move through the corridor, and when you hear a door opening, quickly exit the way you came (it is best if you walk backwards until you hear it open) and reenter the cargo room. Quickly head around the giant crate in front of you to the opening before it closes to reach the secret. Inside is a megasphere and a wall showcasing the movies in the Star Wars series. (sector 165) You have only one shot to get this secret, and if you miss it, the only way to reach it is by noclip cheat.
- Enter the hall behind the red door, and notice that the second column you come across is hollowed out inside. The interior of this column forms the shape of an arrow, and it points west. Open the wall it points to for a soul sphere. (sector 387)
- Secret Exit: In the chamber that contains the blue keycard, drop down into the electric grid and quickly head east towards the tunnel. Follow it all the way and you will find some backpacks in a small room with a switch. The switch has a "!" symbol on the floor nearby. (sector 300) Kill the arch-vile and step onto the teleporter to arrive at the blue key chamber again, and go back to the starting point.
- Secret Exit: The door with the "?" mark on the floor near the starting point opens when you press the switch in Secret #4. (sector 304) It leads to a Nazi castle in space with several Wolfenstein SS hanging around along with some cacodemons. Do not fall off here or you will die. Enter the castle and kill the Nazis, then open the door with the "32" symbol on the floor to reach MAP32.
- When you reach the fork near the southern portion of the map that leads to the switches that open up the normal exit, take the path on the left. Go down the hallway and open the door leading to another hallway. Head down this hallway and open the door to the octagonal room, then climb the steps and enter the next room. Flip the switch here, and then return to the hallway connecting to the octagonal room to find an opening to your right containing a megasphere, energy cell packs, and a plasma gun. (sector 596)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks