MAP31: Wolf 3D (Mars War)
|Mars War secret maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP31. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP31.
MAP31: Wolf 3D is the first secret map of Mars War. It was designed by Nathan Lineback and uses as music an edited version by Nathan Lineback of "clouds.mid" called "Bill Gates Sucks!", originally composed by Brian Orr for an easter egg present in Windows 95's Shell32.dll.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Inside the wooden hallway, enter the left alcove where the zombieman is and use the wall here to get shotgun shells, a shotgun, and medikits. (sector 27)
- In the northwesternmost room, press on the wall between the two evil eyes to find armor bonuses, shotgun shells, a medikit, partial invisibility, and if you are playing on Ultra-Violence or higher, a chaingun along with boxes of ammo. (sector 1)
- In the room with the exit signs, the wall at the southwest corner can be opened, revealing a medikit, energy cells, and Secrets #4 and #5. (sector 130)
- In the previous secret, find the leftmost lamp and use the wall next to it to get a soul sphere. (sector 132)
- The teleporter in Secret #3 leads to two rooms with supplies. The rooms are shaped so that they look like the author's initials. (sector 128)
- When you reach the actual exit room, look to the right to find three candles in front of a wall. Open this wall to find a soul sphere, a box of ammo, a medikit, a megaarmor, and a teleporter taking you back. (sector 148)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on January 16, 2022.
This level contains nine spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 137)
- facing south-west. (thing 138)
- facing south-east. (thing 139)
- facing west. (thing 140)
- facing east. (thing 141)
- facing east. (thing 142)
- facing east. (thing 143)
- facing north-east. (thing 184)
- facing west. (thing 287)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
Inspiration and development
- As the map's name suggests, it is a conversion to Doom of E1L1 from Wolfenstein 3D.
- The map is also featured in MEGAWAD.WAD as E2M9. This mod was made a week prior to the release of Doom II, which happened to ship with its own conversions of Wolf3D levels as secret levels.