MAP32: Bitter Herb (Requiem)
|Requiem secret maps|
MAP32: Bitter Herb is the super-secret map of Requiem. It was designed by Adam Windsor, and uses the music track "Tides of War" by Jeremy Doyle. It is unusually small and short in comparison to most of the levels in the megawad.
Completing this level takes the player to MAP16: Escape from Chaos.
- 1 Description
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
According to both the text file and the Requiem info pack:
- Who knows where you are now ... somewhere deep in demons, you're sure. Hmm .. big courtyard, building on the far side ... no sign of anything yet .....
- .... No, wait. Here they come. Right on time.
Open the door in front of you and kill the chaingunner. Grab the rocket launcher and drop into the field collecting supplies as you engage in combat against several cacodemons. The yellow key is in this field, so be sure to pick it up. Head northeast and open the yellow door to confront several demons and two arch-viles. Go into their room and press the switch. When you head back outside, some imps will be on the platform so kill them. Then open the door near the yellow door to confront a chaingunner and a baron of Hell inside the exit room.
Other points of interest
- At the beginning of the level, the section of wall jutting out the west side is bordered with red studs. Push on its front side to open it, and find a backpack. (sector 39)
- At the north is large tomb with a gravestone reading "rest in pain." Press on the gravestone and it will lower. Stand on it before it rises to find four sets of shells. (sector 59)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:13||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-08-29||rq32-013.zip|
|NM speed||00:13||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-08-09||rn32-013.zip|
|UV max||01:07||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2013-07-14||rq32-107.zip|
|NM100S||00:15||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-08-29||rs32-015.zip|
|UV -fast||01:56||Esa Repo (Espi)||2002-04-27||rf32-156.zip|
|UV -respawn||02:31||Casey Alvis (Altima Mantoid)||2002-04-11||rr32-231.zip|
|UV Tyson||09:38||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-02-08||rt32-938.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:14||Cameron Prosser||2001-06-30||rq32-014.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on May 26, 2013.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing south. (thing 128)
- facing north. (thing 130)
- facing south. (thing 131)
- facing south. (thing 132)
- facing west. (thing 133)