MAP32: Castle Indigo (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|Deep Into White Hell|
|The Iron Invasion|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
The castle is a sprawling maze of corridors and statues. Once you start shooting, the inhabitants will scatter all over the castle in their attempt to sniff you out. You can take a defensive position in the foyer and blast them when they appear, but beware the Lancer hiding in the head of the giant Jotun mural.
When the castle interior is safe, go out into the backyard and press the switches to lower the yellow key: middle, right, then left. It opens the doors to the ballroom: killing the Lancer on the balcony reveals the stairs to the balcony in the starting room with the blue key. Resupply before grabbing the key and triggering another castle-wide ambush that includes multiple Einherjar. You can also use the yellow key to loot the Governor's bedroom.
The blue doors both lead to the same destination: a large shrine to the late Baron Frostgard, two Hreidmar brothers, and Governor Borg himself. Kill or evade them and hit the shrine switch to reveal the exit.
Boss: Governor Borg
Governor Borg is very weak, only twice as tough as a Thane. However, he packs a pair of Gauss cannons that kill just as quickly as the Baron's in The Iron Invasion. A rocket or two will drop him right away and give you breathing room to deal with the Hreidmars.
Other points of interest
- Three busts of Borg ancestors overlook the statue room north of your starting position. The third bust's alcove flickers ominously: inspect it to cause the statues to raise, revealing four dubious switches. Three of the four release hordes of monsters upon you, and sometimes useful items as well; the third switch reveals a medical backpack. (sector 98)
- The bookcase in the Governor's bedroom lowers the desk into the floor, revealing a missile pod. (sector 282)
- Play with the keys on the left side of the ballroom piano to open the liquor cabinet: it hides a cache of medikits and blue armor. (sector 285)
- Before going up the stairs to the blue key, lower the hidden lift opposite the stairs to reach a Gauss cannon. (sector 240)
- Inspect the bookcase on the door's end of the library to lower the opposite bookcase: ride it like a lift to the balcony above and a huge cache of Gungnir rifle ammo. (sector 134)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are: