MAP32: Duality (TNT: Revilution)
|TNT: Revilution secret maps|
MAP32: Duality is the second secret map of TNT: Revilution. It was designed by Steve Muller (Kyka) and Micah Petersen (Jaws in Space), and uses the music track "I Don't Want You To Leave (Regretful Edit)," by Viscra Maelstrom.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- Press on the terminal you see at the start to open a compartment behind you containing a chaingun, a box of ammo, and a computer area map.
- This secret is in the same general area as the previous one, except it's in the second part of the map (the one with the blood). One way to reach it is directly after getting the blue key, where you will teleport to the blood-filled area, then go to where your starting point would be and get the secret here. This time, the rewards are a plasma gun, an energy cell, and a medikit. (sector 506) (sector 234)
- In the green/blue section of the map go up to the ledge above the pool with the super shotgun, the same one with lots of candles on it. A switch will be here, allowing you to proceed further. But go behind the back side of the switch to spot another one. This will open a wall at the south hallway in the green/blue section, which you eventually will reach after some warping. A plasma gun will be in front of the wall, but the actual secret is the partial invisibility behind the wall. (sector 18)
- In the brown/red section of the map, head for the same area as the aforementioned switch was in Secret #3. There is no backside to the switch this time, but press the gargoyle switch anyways, which will open up a wall in the south hallway here as well. To reach it, from Secret #3, keep going west and you will eventually warp to the brown/red area, then backtrack to find the lowered wall. Behind it is a soul sphere. (sector 296)
- At the northeasternmost room in the brown/red area, next to the lift, press on the metal wall to the right to find health bonuses and a teleporter. (sector 456)
- This secret is in the same general area as Secret #5, but in the green/blue section. It is possible to use the teleporter from Secret #5 to reach it as well. There are armor bonuses here this time. (sector 182)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 323)
- facing north-east. (thing 473)
- facing north. (thing 474)
- facing west. (thing 486)
- facing south. (thing 487)
Inspiration and development
This level is one of seven in Revilution that was originally part of TNT 2: Devilution, having been cut from the project in 2014 during the events that led to Revilution becoming its own project. Originally a much larger level with about 900 monsters, it previously occupied the MAP29 slot, and was named Viridian Twilight. Following the departure of Steve Muller (Kyka) from the project, it was cut down significantly and rearranged to use the concept of teleporting between two versions of the same map.
From Revilution's beginning, MAP32 was intended to be an ice-themed map. Several mappers made attempts at creating the level, but none were successful until Micah Petersen (Jaws in Space) created a large map named Europa, which took place on Jupiter's moon of the same name. Europa received mixed views during the beta period, and was subsequently scrapped along with the ice concept for the slot. Due to its special concept, Duality was moved to MAP32 to replace it.