MAP32: Halls of Disarray (Eternal Doom)
|Eternal Doom secret maps|
MAP32: Halls of Disarray is the thirty-second level of Eternal Doom. It was designed by Matt Bollier (his only contribution) and uses the music track "Cacophage". This map was added with the second megawad upgrade (Eternal II, which contained no MAP31 or MAP32) as MAP15, and later moved to slot 32 in the third upgrade. Same as with MAP31, it is mandatory to complete this map in normal megawad progression.
Do not shoot the first imp you come across unless you are ready for a big crossfire. It is easier to avoid.
The only real puzzle of any kind here is the blue key. But just press the blue torch in the same room to reveal it (all the other torches are red).
- Take the corridor past the room with the central torch to the next lift. Open the wall next to the candle to find a chaingun, a box of ammo, and a green armor. (sector 473)
- Ride the aforementioned lift up and go through the corridor. Before the bridge, open the wall in the northeast corner between the metal ridges to find a medikit. (sector 538)
- Follow along the path past the previous secret until you reach the ledge before the candles on metal steps. At the U-bend in this ledge, press on the lighter wood wall to hear something lower. This is a teleporter in the middle of the ledge, take it to appear in a caged room where you can get shotgun shells and a soul sphere. (sector 160)
- In the same general area as above, head into the damaging sludge and to the northwestern corner. Go through the corridor here to find a chainsaw, a radiation suit, a medikit, and two boxes of ammo. (sector 334)
- In the super shotgun room, take the south corridor and press on the wall you find that has an "X" on it. This reveals a passage which leads to the top of the bookshelf in the super shotgun room. You can get up to three secrets here. (sector 240)
- See Secret #5. (sector 241)
- See Secret #5. (sector 242)
- From the bookshelf mentioned above, look east and shoot at the gray skull to open an alcove in the northeast corner containing a berserk pack. (sector 245)
- Open the blue door to find a corridor with several alcoves. Enter the second alcove on the left to find a megaarmor. (sector 421)
Areas / screenshots
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 281)
- facing east. (thing 282)
- facing north. (thing 283)
- facing east. (thing 284)
- facing west. (thing 285)
- facing south-west. (thing 286)
- facing south. (thing 295)