MAP32: Have @ It (Plutonia: Revisited Community Project)
|PRCP secret maps|
MAP32: Have @ It is the second secret level of Plutonia: Revisited Community Project. It was designed by William Huber and uses the music track "I Already Know About id" by John Weekley (PRIMEVAL). The par time defined in MAPINFO is 30 seconds. Like its predecessors, this map features elements from Doom II's Entryway, and a very high number of monsters, with no fewer than 755 enemies on Ultra-Violence.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
- In the front of each skull key are triggers that release/let teleport monsters into areas that have been cleaned yet. The most switches have the same effect.
- The blue switch just opens the blue bars. In the northeast of the blue bars is a room with a cyberdemon, and a zigzag stone walkway over a muddy ground. To its north there is a small room with a fake exit in it. As soon as the player enters this small room, the blue bars are lowered and cannot be opened anymore from the northern side. Thus, in singleplayer mode, the final battle area's monsters, released by walking into the fake exit itself, cannot be escaped from. (So in coop mode, the player with the blue skull key should stay in the southern part of the map, wait for the fake exit is activated, the room containing it is left by all players and then using the blue switch again.)
Other points of interest
- From the map start, walk to the south along the hallway. In the U-shaped room, enter the western door. Push the skull switch on the western side of the northern support beam. Return to the room north of the U-shaped room, where a niche (sector 6) in the northwestern corner has opened. Inside, there are one (on easy skill levels) or two (on medium and hard skills) barons of Hell, one (easy) or three (medium and hard) bulk cells, and four medikits.
- Return to the room where you pushed the skull switch in secret #1. This time, use the skull switch on the western side of the southern support beam to open an alcove (sector 236) in the north of the room you are in. Kill the (one on easy or two on medium and hard skills) barons of Hell and find two bulk cells and a megasphere.
- In the two open courtyards, the Hall of Mirrors effect can occur.
- In Doomsday, the player spawns "as a camera" in this map, due to the port thinking there is not enough room to spawn the player.Workaround: After the map starts or a savegame in this map is loaded, enter the command makecam 0 into the console.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on June 15, 2013.
|UV speed TAS||03:11||Phml||2011-03-06||pv32-311.zip||1 2|
1. ^ Plays back with prcp_old.wad
Last updated on June 15, 2013.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 1500)
- facing west. (thing 1502)
- facing west. (thing 1504)
- facing west. (thing 1506)
- facing west. (thing 1508)
Inspiration and development
- This level was inspired by Entryway from Doom II, System Control from TNT: Evilution, Go 2 It from The Plutonia Experiment, and Playground from Hell Revealed II.
- The level was created in over 40 hours, using Doom Builder.
- The music track created by PRIMEVAL is inspired by the SNES version of "Nobody told me about id," composed by Robert Prince for Doom.