MAP32: In the Castle of the Wolf (NDCP)
|NDCP secret maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
The exit is right next to your start, but you need the blue key to open the bars. Go through the door, through the gate into the castle. Go into the room with the super shotgun and you have two options at this point. Take the western path first, and go until you reach a fork where you should take the stairs. Cross the bridge and flip the switch here. Go back to the room with the super shotgun, and you will find that one set of bars has opened barring access to the south door. You still need to open the other set, so take the east door into a library. Cross through the area with the red floor, and make a U-turn left. You should see a hall with a tall techno floor lamp. Go through this hall taking the steps up and crossing another bridge. You will find another switch which lowers the second set of bars back in the main room.
Now you can access the south door. There is another fork behind the door. Turn left into the hallways with blue floors on them, and find the switch here that lowers the platform with the yellow key on it. Go back to the fork and go west this time to the dining hall, where you can use the yellow key on the door behind the table. Open the door and go north all the way outside to the castle walls. Take the teleporter at the end to go to the other side, then drop into the moat. A baron of Hell guards the red key here. Take it and head up the stairs for the wall to lower. You will be back at the library. Open the nearby red door and kill the mancubus. Press the switch to reveal an arch-vile and the blue key. If you jump outside, you will reveal several imps, a cyberdemon, and another arch-vile. Go back to the beginning to exit, unless you want to go secret hunting. If you manage to find and kill all the Commander Keens in the map, go back to the fork towards the south and a new way is revealed. Explore this area at your discretion.
Other points of interest
- In the entrance hall of the castle, go to the southwest column and press on the lion emblem to open the wall next to you. A demon and a green armor are inside this compartment, and a Commander Keen is hidden behind a slimy wall. (sector 62)
- In the library area at the east end of the castle, head to the northwest end, just before the hall with the circular staircase leading up. If you press on the yellow banner in the corner here, a switch will be revealed. Press it and quickly run back to the entrance of the library area, where the southernmost bookshelf has been lowered. A computer area map is back here. (sector 107)
- At the easternmost end of the library, look towards the west wall and shoot the wall with bullet holes in it to reveal spectres and a chainsaw. (sector 121)
- If you manage to find and kill all Commander Keens in the map, go back to the fork towards the south and a new way is revealed. One of them is in Secret #1, the other three are hidden behind slimy walls as well. On the left side, where the hall opens up a monster closet with spectres, backtrack and head all the way north past the Hell knight (demon on Ultra-Violence or higher) and use the slimy wall to find one. Another one is located on the circular staircase near the switch for Secret #2, find the slimy wall to reach a teleporter taking you to a Commander Keen. The last one opens upon opening the yellow door in the dining room. Backtrack a bit to find a room full of imps, and the slimy wall here acts as a lift so you can get the last Commander Keen. (sector 215)
- In the southernmost hallway, as you go north the wall ahead will open revealing imps. Enter this room and press on the southeast corner to find health bonuses. (sector 250)
Areas / screenshots
One of the Commander Keens
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on April 3, 2013.
1. ^ ndcpmax.zip is a collection of UV max demos for NDCP.
Last updated on April 3, 2013.