MAP32: Poison Oak (Resurgence)
|Resurgence secret maps|
MAP32: Poison Oak is the second secret level of Resurgence, accessed from MAP31: Festering Wicked Helix Sectors. It was designed by Darkwave0000 as a tribute to the "Poison Ivy" series of maps created by Josh Sealy (Joshy), the main author of Resurgence, and co-author with Darkwave0000 on Speed of Doom. The level's music track is "Vinefort" by James Paddock (Jimmy), taken from Back to Saturn X, which itself is a remix of "Great Hall," used on Poison Ivy II and Where the Poison Ivies Grow Wild.
Other points of interest
- Heading alongside the tan ledge where you can jump to the yellow key, go southeast instead back to the central part of the map and climb the steps as far as you can go. You may remember seeing some enemies on top of pillars which led downward to a mountain that had powerups on it. Jump on these pillars to reach the mountain and climb to the top to reach a backpack, a blur artifact, a computer area map, and a berserk pack. (sector 95)
- On the western side of the map, go to the ammo depot on the brown rocks in the northeast, then go onto the tan rock where the entrance to the building is. Cross over to the other side of this entrance (the southern end), then head west and along the wooden wall until you reach either the soul sphere or megaarmor. Stepping on either block that the pickups are on lowers both of them. (sector 109)
- When you can collect the BFG9000 at the start, run up the steps to the gun and run past it to the steps ahead. When you make it, descend these steps all the way until you reach a megaarmor and an energy cell pack. (sector 222)
- On the ledge with the stairs where you are supposed to jump to the yellow key, make a jump to the gray barrier that separates the yellow key area from the central part of the map. Head to the opposite end of this barrier to find two energy cell packs. (sector 402)
- To the left of the starting point, head to the left side of the lava pool here and jump onto the block in the southwest corner of the lava pool. From there, head south across the lava to where the candle is, then from here, go west and you should find a soul sphere and a megaarmor. (sector 450)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:44.63||Kyle McAwesome||2022-08-28||rs32p044.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV pacifist||0:44.63||Kyle McAwesome||2022-08-28||rs32p044.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on September 21, 2022.