MAP32: The Hidden Slime Factory (Memento Mori)
|Memento Mori secret maps|
MAP32: The Hidden Slime Factory is the super secret map of Memento Mori and can be accessed from MAP31: Technology Base. It was designed by Mark Klem, who also composed the level's music track, "The Wind."
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Grab the shotgun and head through two doors to a switch. Flip it to open the walls nearby. Go east and drop down, going towards the two switches and pressing them. Follow the staircase up, and an arrow points left to an alcove with another switch. Flipping it raises more of the ground to the hallway nearby. Take this hallway all the way around, but look out for the crusher just before the blue keycard. Grabbing the blue keycard opens the wall, and now you can access the blue door which is to your right. Flip the switch there, and you will be in a big room with a yellow keycard on the block. To get it, press the switch to trigger some stairs, then go all the way to the top. From there, jump south to get the key. When you do this, the stairs will be blocked off and some monsters will attack you. Enter the new area that they came out of and approach the east wall. A closet opens up behind you while a switch appears in front of you. Flip the switch to open the wall blocking the staircase, and head back up.
Open the yellow door and take the lit path all the way to a switch. Flip it, watching out for enemies behind you, then head back towards the other path, which takes you outside. Look out for the mass of zombies that suddenly appear, then head towards the blood river. Go down and grab the pickups on the ledge, and the wall behind you will open. Behind it, there will be a switch to the right. Flip it to head back outside and head into the new opening. Flip the switch inside here and head back down the blood river to find two new openings to the north with imps in them. Go through to the switch behind the megaarmor, and it will open the front gate so you can access it. Make sure to take it, and the rest of the river opens up. Open the door at the end of this passage, and climb the steps to the door. Open it to enter what appears to be a house. Go through the doors leading west killing enemies along the way and head downstairs to the yard outside. Go towards the armor bonuses and a switch will appear. Flip it and head back to the factory area before the "house", then go east. You will find two separate paths along with an open door with a radiation suit. Grab the suit and head down the right path, taking the lift up to a slime-filled room. Head through the small opening and follow it until you get the red keycard. Now go back, watching out for more monsters along the way, to the place where you got the radiation suit and take the other path. You will find a teleporter, enter it to appear on a ledge just outside of your starting point. Follow the ledge around and you will see the red exit door. However, it will be blocked off as you approach it, and you will also teleport back into the hall north of the starting point.
A new passage opens however, so take the stairs all the way down the marble path, through the nukage, and grabbing the stuff on the other side. You will actually get Secret #5, and a new tunnel will open in the nukage behind you. It is recommended to get Secret #6 for the radiation suit as well. Go down the nukage again through the next room and then through the next tunnel (the side room here has two radiation suits in case you run out). At the end of this tunnel is a room with a switch. Hit it, and you will remove the barricade in front of the red exit door. Now you will have to backtrack all the way until you get it so go back to the red exit door to leave the map.
Other points of interest
- When you go to flip the switch that drops the barrier raised on grabbing the yellow keycard, there is a portion on the northern side of the stone wall to the west with thicker holes in it than the others. Open this wall to find a plasma gun and (on I'm Too Young to Die and Hey, Not Too Rough only) a computer map. (sector 107) This can also be accessed from secret #2.
- After flipping the switch to lower the barrier, head into the huge corridor to the west of the yellow keycard room and take the elevator up to the alcove with the blue armor. Press on the wall right south of the elevator to activate a slow lift (sector 389) containing four boxes of rockets. This lift leads directly to secret #1.
- In the room that opens the way to the grassy area with the lava river, open the wall with the lightning bolt on it to the south to find a backpack and a soul sphere. (sector 285)
- Inside the eastern room of the wooden house is a portrait on the eastern wall and an armchair in the southwest. Climb on the armchair and fire at the portrait (try using the super shotgun) to reveal a secret compartment (sector 226) containing a megasphere.
- On the first time you try to get to the exit, you will be teleported to the first room in the level, in front of a wall opening to reveal a very long flight of stairs. Climb all the way down these stairs to find a toxic pit with a platform (sector 368) on the other end holding a blue armor, a megasphere and (on Hurt Me Plenty or above only) a computer map.
- Lower the eastern wall in secret #5 to reveal a radiation suit. (sector 369)
- Getting onto the platform in secret #5 will cause a wall in the south of the toxic pit to lower, revealing a sewage system. In the west is a tunnel leading to a room with a switch lowering the barrier blocking the level exit. Head down the sewage tunnel until you come across a portion of the western wall with filth originating from the ceiling. Open this to reveal a stairway to the platform (sector 381) from where the imps attack you in the switch room, containing three energy cells and a soul sphere.
Sector 323 is a teleporter that leads to the outdoor section south of the start, on the walkway from which the exit is accessed. It is supposed to be accessible after you climb the stairs to secret #7, and starts with its floor raised to its ceiling. However, linedef 2432 is set as type 40, which raises the teleporter's ceiling to the height of the highest adjacent ceiling, instead of a floor-lowering type of any kind. This means the teleporter cannot be used, and you must backtrack all the way over to the walkway to access the exit.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||03:02||Anthony Soto (Swedish Fish)||2002-03-31||mm32-302.zip|
|NM speed||06:45||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2007-01-02||mm32n645.zip|
|UV max||07:16||Kristian Ronge||2005-07-20||mm32-716.zip|
|NM100S||06:45||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2007-01-02||mm32n645.zip|
|UV -fast||07:29||Kristian Ronge||2005-10-13||mm32f729.zip|
|UV -respawn||05:20||Eric Baker (The Green Herring)||2009-08-09||mm32r520.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 4, 2020.
This level contains ten spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 4)
- facing north-east. (thing 5)
- facing north. (thing 6)
- facing north. (thing 7)
- facing west. (thing 8)
- facing north. (thing 9)
- facing east. (thing 10)
- facing north. (thing 11)
- facing north. (thing 12)
- facing south. (thing 13)