MAP32: The Tomb of Akhenaten (50 Monsters)
|50 Monsters secret maps|
MAP32: The Tomb of Akhenaten is the second secret map of 50 Monsters. It was designed by Brayden Hart (AD_79), Paul DeBruyne (skillsaw), Justin Kelly (Breezeep) and TheMionicDonut, and uses the music track "Vinefort," originally composed by James Paddock (Jimmy) for Back to Saturn X.
The level was originally designed for the twenty-second Abyssal Speedmapping Session. Due to many submissions to the session being unfinished on time and the long delay in an eventual release, Hart decided to reuse the level for 50 Monsters. When the WAD from the Abyssal Speedmapping Session was finally completed and released in February 2018, The Tomb of Akhenaten was included as MAP16.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- In the super shotgun room, press on the recessed wall in the northeast corner to reveal a switch. This lowers the blur artifact near Secret #5. (sector 15)
- Open the blue bars with the blue key and head west, then north towards the fence. Look to the southeast and use the gargoyle switch. Backtrack a bit to find armor bonuses and a backpack. (sector 76)
- In Secret #4, press on the big wall with the sun emblem to trigger a lift. Ride it up to get an energy cell pack. (sector 182)
- At the east side of the map, press the switch where the soul sphere is, which will reveal a compartment to the east. In this compartment, the wall with ridges surrounding it can be opened, leading to a plasma gun and a rocket. (sector 184)
- To the right of where the red key is located, a mancubus sits on a high ledge to the north and a megasphere is on a longer ledge to the south. Get on the ledge with the mancubus (which requires you to find the blue key first) and make a jump south to the ledge with the megasphere. (sector 254)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.