MAP32: Ultimative Geheimnis (Whispers of Satan)
|Whispers of Satan maps|
MAP32: Ultimative Geheimnis (sic; ger. Ultimatives Geheimnis = ultimate secret) is the second secret map of Whispers of Satan. It was designed by Paul Corfiatis, who also wrote the music track for this level, "Evil Incarnate (Remix)".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
The starting room has five doors. The door straight ahead can only be opened via the yellow key, and there are four doors on the sides, two on each side. Get the shotgun and take the lower left door. It takes you to a large room where the yellow keycard is on top of a pillar on a floor that says "WOS". To get the key, head through either door to the south. An arrow points to a blue column, and if you go behind it, you will see a switch. Flip it to lower the keycard.
Head back to the starting point. The quickest way to reach the red key is by going through the north door into the big room. You will see the key and a lot of Wolfenstein SS. Head for the rightmost door in this room, and open it. The next room has four doors, take either left or right one that is on the far side. You will end up in a hallway that surrounds a certain room. Enter this room through any door to confront several Wolfenstein SS. There might also be several barrels hanging around. The switch you want to press to lower the red key is on the western side, guarded by a mancubus. Flip it, and go back to the red key room to get the keycard.
To get the blue key, return to the starting point and take the upper left door. Take the door behind it as well, and then the red door in the hall straight ahead. Behind the red door, there will be a wall of SS to your left, and a door straight ahead, but you want to take the corridor to the right. There will be another wall of SS on this side as well. Also there is an arrow pointing to a door here. Go through this door and flip the switch, which will lower the blue keycard. To reach the blue key, head to the room that had the red key, and head straight north to the red door. The blue key is in the big courtyard dead ahead.
To reach the normal exit, go north through the blue door. You will be confronted by the spider mastermind and some arachnotrons. To open the metal bars guarding the exit elevator, you need to go in both side rooms and flip both switches inside. When you open both bars, a cyberdemon will appear in front of the elevator, being the last thing standing in your way to the normal exit.
To reach the secret exit, make sure you have every key, then go back to the starting point and take the upper right door. Head through the yellow door after that, and then head to the red door you see shortly upon entering. Follow the hallway to a four-way intersection with a rocket launcher in the middle. In order to get the rocket launcher, you must go to the rooms that are to the south and to the east, and flip the switches in both of the rooms there. Although these will allow you to get the rocket launcher, you do not necessarily have to grab the weapon to reach the secret exit. All you have to do is press the switches in order to raise the bridges. Backtrack to the switch that lowered the yellow key, and follow the path outlined by Secrets #2, 4, and 26 to reach the secret exit. Make sure you have all three keys as well, because there are three key doors leading to the secret exit.
Other points of interest
- In the room where the yellow key is, head for the rightmost wall. About two walls from the bird emblem, press on the wall to open it revealing shotgun shells and an armor. (sector 828)
- In the room with the switch that lowers the yellow keycard, press on the wall that has a red swastika banner on it to open a passage where you can get a soul sphere. (sector 677)
- Traverse the passage outlined in Secret #2 until you are in the southeast corner. Between the Hitler portrait and the swastika banner, press on the east wall to open a room with a berserk pack. (sector 742)
- In the same passage at Secret #2, head all the way to the soul sphere and open the wall behind it for a passage leading to the secret exit, as well as some health and armor bonuses. (sector 685)
- After you obtain the yellow key, head back to the starting point and take the upper left door. Take the next door after that to appear in a blue hallway with a red door straight ahead. On one of the left walls close to where you came in, you can open one to access a ton of ammo clips, a backpack, and a chaingun. (sector 676)
- In Secret #5, open a wall just south of the ammo clips to obtain a box of bullets and a megasphere. (sector 824)
- In the hallway that surrounds the room that has the switch to lower the red key, there are two secrets that are symmetrically apart from each other. Look for the walls with the bird emblems on them to find the secrets. The first secret has a box of ammo and two medikits. (sector 729)
- The second secret in the same hallway has a box of shells and two medikits. (sector 826)
- On the far end of the same hallway, there is a door leading eastward. Open it to find two paths. Take the right one to find a mancubus. The wall he is guarding holds a secret room where you can get energy cells and a BFG9000. (sector 725) The elevator here has a switch which takes you all the way back to the starting point.
- Once you get the red key, open the red door near Secret #5 and keep going straight west until you reach a room where you can no longer keep going west. This room has a wall of SS on one end and a medikit on another. On the wall opposite of the medikit, open the wall to reveal a super shotgun, two boxes of shells, and two more secrets. (sector 756)
- In Secret #10, take the left path and open the wall at the end for a lot of health and armor bonuses. (sector 757)
- In Secret #11, there are two more secrets. To the right of the second light fixture you see, open the south wall for more health and armor bonuses. (sector 759)
- To the left of the second light fixture in Secret #11, you can open the north wall for health and armor bonuses. (sector 758)
- There is a secret contained in Secret #13 on the central part of the eastern wall. Open it to get ammo. (sector 760)
- There is a secret in Secret #14 on the eastern wall as well, containing energy cells and a plasma gun. (sector 822)
- In Secret #10, take the right path and open the wall at the end for a lot of health and armor bonuses. (sector 764)
- In the southeast corner of Secret #16, press the south wall to find ammo. (sector 762)
- In the southeast corner of Secret #17, press the east wall to reveal a passage. (sector 763)
- The passage in Secret #18 has a door with heart markings around the walls. Enter this door to find a Cybie on a heart pedestal. Cybie is a special dehacked version of the Cyberdemon with a higher pain chance and different sound effects which replaces the dead lost soul. Get rid of him and grab the computer area map to trigger the secret. (sector 810)
- Head through either door north of Secret #10, and then take the right door going north. The next cavernous hall has several demons. Walk north and look towards the red wall to the west until you see a yellow swastika wreath. Open it to acquire a chainsaw. (sector 732)
- Opposite of Secret #20, open the door into a room full of SS. Go to the southeastern wall with shotgun shells positioned nearby and open the wall that has the eagle banner. You will find a megaarmor and some backpacks. (sector 738)
- In the blue key courtyard, open the southwestern wall that has the eagle banner on it for armor bonuses, boxes of ammo, and boxes of shells. (sector 736)
- Enter the blue door into the room before the normal exit. Open the wall in the northeastern corner of this room for a megasphere. (sector 733)
- Go through the door to the east of the blue key courtyard to reach a hallway branching left and right. Go right until you see two red swastika banners. Open the one on the right to get a rocket launcher and some boxes of rockets. (sector 740)
- In the room with the four-way intersection with the rocket launcher, go eastward and open the wall at the far end in order to obtain a blur artifact, a soul sphere, and a lot of backpacks. (sector 727)
- The sector where the secret exit switch is counts as a secret sector. (sector 710)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 1088)
- facing east. (thing 1101)
- facing south. (thing 1114)
- facing west. (thing 1127)
- facing north. (thing 1140)
- facing north. (thing 1153)
- facing west. (thing 1166)
- facing south-west. (thing 1179)