MAP32: Underhalls (PlayStation Doom)
|Console level navigator|
MAP32: Underhalls is the thirty-second level of PlayStation and Sega Saturn ports of Doom, and the second level of the Doom II episode. It is based on the original MAP02: Underhalls with modifications made to adapt to the consoles' limitations. The author of the original map is American McGee.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Comparison of versions
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Music
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Navigation
Travel across the river and go up the stairs. Open the small door ahead. Turn left in the small corridor and press the switch at the end. Return to the starting room where a barricade to the east has lowered. Follow the tunnel until you reach a room with a brick structure which is open to the sky. Follow the walkway to the end where there is an opening in the structure, then run forward to jump over the gap into the opening. Climb the stairs, pick up the red keycard and backtrack to the entrance room.
Go through the small door to the south that you entered before. This time, turn right to see some red key bars. Open them and press the switch to lower the western barricade in the starting room. Go through that barrier into the western tunnel and follow it to the end, where you will see a shotgun guy standing next to a barrel and guarding a narrow passageway.
Go through the passageway to a room with two holes in the floor, and drop into the south-western hole (on your left as you enter the room). You will find yourself in a dark passage with several barrels so watch your shots. Pick up the blue keycard at the end of the room and go through the door in the north wall to enter a similar passage. Follow the passage to a blue door, open it and go up the stairs. There is another blue door in front of you; go through it and press the switch in the final room to finish the level.
Other points of interest
While following the eastern water tunnel, you will see some stairs going down to a door. Go through this door and follow the room round to find a super shotgun.
- At the top of the staircase inside the building where the red keycard is found, open the western wall just south of the alcove in which the key rests. Behind this wall, there is a small room containing a few shotgun guys, a megaarmor and a teleporter leading back to the start of the level. (sector 80)
Comparison of versions
- All large doors use a brown tech door texture (named BIGDOOR3 on PC).
- The brown-gray STAR texture in the starting room (named STARTAN3 on PC) is changed to green (named STARG1 on PC).
- The steps leading up to the red keycard and the window it sits in are widened to accommodate the player's increased radius.
- The exit switch was changed to SW1STEEL (named SW1COMM on PC) to match other switches in the level.
Areas / screenshots
The map uses the following music tracks:
|Sony PlayStation||"A Calm Panic Rises"||Aubrey Hodges|
|Sega Saturn||"A Breath Of Horror"||Aubrey Hodges|
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 104)
- facing north. (thing 105)
- facing north. (thing 106)
- facing south-west. (thing 107)
- facing south-west. (thing 108)
- facing west. (thing 124)