MAP33: Scary Dreams (Heroes' Tales)
|Heroes' Tales secret maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP33. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP33.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Open the door at the start and open the misaligned wall dead ahead to get a megasphere. (sector 18)
- At the lower end of the maze will be a lava-filled area with three teleporters, one on the left side and two other ones on the right side. Enter the upper right teleporter. A chaingunner guards a switch here. Use this switch to reenter the maze, and this time, go through the left teleporter to appear back near the starting point. Now go back to the starting point to get either an energy cell pack (on Hurt Me Plenty or lower) or two energy cells. (sector 50)
- At the main hub, turn left and use the switch to go up. Proceed until just before the next room, where you should look towards the northwest corner to find some shotgun shells. Press the wall here and enter the teleporter. When you take the soul sphere, you will crush two barons of Hell behind the wall. (sector 151)
- At the lower end of the maze will be a lava-filled area with three teleporters, one on the left side and two other ones on the right side. Enter the lower right teleporter. In the marble area that follows, the red key is right next to a metal block, which you can lower via the switch next to the teleporter. A plasma gun is in the middle, but the metal block will reappear if you attempt to get it right away. In order to get the plasma gun, you must move around the room carefully, avoiding the areas of the floor that have lighter checkered squares, until you reach the middle. (sector 189)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.